• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gen Con Event Registration Delayed

Gen Con is only 90 days away and we're in the middle of a global pandemic. UK Games Expo delayed until August, and then cancelled. Origins has delayed until October. Gen Con has just updated us on its plans -- for now, the event catalogue and event registration are delayed. At present the convention itself is going ahead as planned. Here's the full announcement. We have been closely...

Gen Con is only 90 days away and we're in the middle of a global pandemic. UK Games Expo delayed until August, and then cancelled. Origins has delayed until October. Gen Con has just updated us on its plans -- for now, the event catalogue and event registration are delayed. At present the convention itself is going ahead as planned. Here's the full announcement.

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 2.12.48 AM.png

We have been closely following the current outbreak of COVID-19, and we know that our attendees and community are as concerned as we are about the virus and the uncertainty that comes with it.

In light of announcements made by Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb, we want to assure our community that we are considering health guidelines from Indiana State officials as well as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as we monitor the situation and prepare for any contingencies.

While we evaluate safety measures related to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, both the release of the event catalog and the opening of event registration will be delayed. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time. We will update our community with the measures we are taking to keep everyone safe and healthy in the coming weeks.

In the meantime, please take care of yourselves and your loved ones. We wish you health and safety, and we will continue to post updates to this page as the situation develops.​

Personally, there's no force on earth that will get me to a massive convention or concert as soon as August!

Jimmy Dick

Adventurer
I suspect they're waiting to see how things develop as states reopen prematurely. If the cases soar back up and overwhelm the healthcare system, then those states have to basically start all over again, or they can just say to hell with the people and let them get sick and die. At that point the vendors are going to decline to attend Gen Con because intelligent people generally don't have a pointless death wish.

There will be no way for me to attend Gen Con this year and run Pathfinder Second Edition games via social distancing. I'll volunteer to run games online like I am doing with PaizoCon Online this year. Now, if the cases don't jump up and they fall off instead, then sure, Gen Con would be possible, but not with a lot of social distancing.

Again, I think they're playing a wait and see game before making the final decision which I expect will be by the end of May.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Indiana Governor Holcomb has released guidelines to re-open most of the State over the month of May. Three counties with outbreaks are not included.

One of those counties (Marion) includes Indianapolis.

ugavine

Explorer
I'd be very surprised if this goes ahead.

I'm in the UK and was planning on going to the UK Games Expo. Now I'm not great in crowds at the best of times, but now... no chance, even if it was going ahead.

Everyone just needs to be sensible and stay safe.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I'm not great in crowds at the best of times, but now... no chance, even if it was going ahead.

Everyone just needs to be sensible and stay safe.
Tangent:
One of the things that makes me want to climb the walls is that, after watching companies convert to producing masks gowns and ventilators upon hearing a call for aid, why has no Governor notified the biotech companies that he has placed an order for 10M test kits, partial lots accepted, to be delivered as fast as you can make them?

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads