• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gen Con So Cal Cancelled

Don't know if this has been reproted here or not. But since I couldn't find it here and I heard about it on another forum I thought I'd post a link to the Press Release and an open letter from Mr. Adkinson.

Link to Letters

-Ashrum

satori01

First Post
This makes me sad. The idea of a CA convention would seem to be a good idea. I never liked the dates of GenCon SoCal. As a SoCal resident I fully wanted to go every year, and then the Con date would be in November, and Holiday obligations would get in the way.

Ironically Star Wars Celebration helped thin the heard of participants, as the pool of attendees overlap.

Comic Con I am sure did not help as well, though RPG companies participation in Comic Con is infinitesimally smaller than in days past. The last time I went to Comic Con (around 2 years ago methinks), the only RPG representation I saw was a WOTC display almost entirely devoted to the minatures game, a very small Paizo station, and supposedly Green Ronin was there, though I did not see it.

Anime, and Hollywood are so strongly represented at Comic Con, I doubt RPG game producers can really buy space.

diaglo

Adventurer
never knew anyone who wanted to go to Gen Con SoCal.

although, i knew someone who did attend in 03. he was visiting his rents so stopped by on a whim. not planned.

he wasn't impressed.

Jeff Wilder

First Post
The dates for GenCon SoCal definitely suck. I might go every year, were it in a more workable month. (January, March, April, May, or October.)

Remove ads