• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gen Con

Halma

First Post
Hi all,

I know that I only met some of you and in most minds I am considered a Lurker on this site, but I would just like to say I had a great time with all of the "E.N." Wold people.....

I started out going up on Friday morning picking up Dinkeldog (My DM) and driving up to Gen-Con. Being only my second year at a Gen-Con I was excited to say the least. I think that I was kind of intimidated with the amount of fellow "Geeks" the last time that I had gone up, and going up with someone that I knew really helped. Not to mention that Dink is as good of a person to go up with as anyone could. We played a couple of board games and walked the exhibit hall, some of the stuff was Incredible, but I was truly disappointed in the lack of new Material for this Gen-Con by WOTC, more specifically D20. Remembering two years ago when 3E was introduced, and the overflowing amount of new "Stuff", I had to look at other Game systems. This was not so disappointing; there is some great stuff out there.

Then we finally managed to make it over to the ENies, after talking Dink into going. After watching Eric and Morrus, or Russ now that I know, give their announcements, we stood in the back row and watched several people from the community get their much-deserved awards. (Yea!!!! Monte). I was quite impressed with the amount of people, and the power that ENworld has on the gaming community. ENworld has allowed good writers produce material for D20, and given them the appropriate backing and help they need to get this stuff out to the masses.

Once all the awards were done I had the rare pleasure of meting several people throughout the EN world community. Some of these people, I have seen on ENworld, and knew them from their nametags (Thanks William). But one refused to wear his nametag but was pointed out to me, by Dink, Nemmerele, or Osvaldo know that I know that too. The names include Dr. Doom, UrbanMech, Piratecat, Mark, Eric Noah, Morrus, and many more that I am missing. Piratecat invited all of us out for a drink at the Velvet room. Leading the way, Piratecate lead us like the "Pied Piper" to the Drinking establishment. He didn't have a Pipe; all he had to say for us was "FREE BEER". After having several drinks in the Velvet room, and stepping on Monte Cooks foot, I had a chance to talk with Nemmerle and Dr. Doom.

Meeting all of these people for the fist time was great and now I know that Piratecat, and Nemmerle are truly great DM's. Playing a game with each, Call of Chuthulu with Piratecat, and D&D with Nemmerle, I now know why their story hours have captivated so many. Piratecat's wicked laughter, and crazy GM style of play made it possible for all of us to act out our characters to the best of our ability. His descriptions of the horror that surrounded our characters gave us the felling that we were certainly not in "Kansas any more". Nemmerle's Crazy voices and acting out of each hit that we incurred from the monsters was truly inspirational.

All in all I had the best time that I think I could have had at the Mecca of gaming. All the people that I met from the community are great. I hope we can do this again next year in Indy.

Thanks to all,

Halma "The Dead Barbarian"
Aaron2 "The good Aaron"
Shorty "Chain Lightning, oh and
again Chain Lightning"

EricNoah

Adventurer
The Mecca of Gaming ... I get it! :D (The Midwest Express Center used to be called The Mecca, I believe...)

Cool report! Thanks for sharing!

Halma

First Post
EricNoah said:
The Mecca of Gaming ... I get it! :D (The Midwest Express Center used to be called The Mecca, I believe...)

Cool report! Thanks for sharing!

It was really nice to have met you and to be able to put a Face to the name and Website.

Thanks

Halma

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads