• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GenCon 2004 Memories

Crothian

First Post
What a great Gen Con. I spent way too much money yet not enough. I didn't game or demo a single product yet had a freaking fun time. As always the EN World people were just great. I meet so many and had just a great time talking to them all.

Next year we need to get more people to the Costume Contest to cheer for the Gelflings, Hell Hound and Dextra's kids. They will win best of show one of these years. They absolutely own the talent portion though.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Another great GenCon - posting from the Hotel right now, but will give a full update with photos when we get home.

Was great hanging out, BC!

Napftor

Explorer
Gah, damn you kids and yer fun! ;)

It seems like only yesterday that I met BC at the MEG booth...even though it was last year. :( Perhaps I'll be able to reconnect next year with the good ENWorld folks.

marketingman

Explorer
Back home and pleased to have meet all of you and believe me EnWorlders helped make the energy level rock so had that was all anyone could talk about during the overnight session.

Home safe all ,best wish, and this puppy is going to bed.

Psion

Adventurer
Buttercup said:
Psion ran a T20 game for Teflon Billy, Justinian, me, Jester47 and one other fine and charming EN World member whose name I'm blanking on at the moment,

Maldur.

Yeah, good times for all. As with last year, I was delighted to have the company of my fellow judges, Hound & Dextra, Joe & Suzi. Lots of new faces as well and it was great to meet everyone.

I'll miss Joe & Suzi next year. :(

A big shout out to the stage/biz/etc managing crew for the ENnies, Zenld, Spoony, and Jaldaen. You guys worked you butts off and it shows. Thanks!

The T20 games were pretty fun. I was less prepared than I wanted to be, but as I have learned with my home game sessions, if you have a good group, you can have fun anyways.

I was a little concerned there seem to be less d20 publishers there than last year, and it seems harder to connect with some of them. Ah well, guess its a business trip for them. ;)

AND NOW, THE MOMENT YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR:

PSION'S "The Other GenCon Ennie awards."

Best Restraunt the ENworlders ate at whose name I don't remember:
- Buca de somethingorother. Ask Buttercup.

Best Deviation from my Diet
- Hound & Detxra's Poutine. I said Poutine, settle down!

Best ENworlder Slams on Ranger Wicket
- Stone Angel

ENWorlder who would have a fawning group of puppies following her if they realized how good looking she was in person:
- [This name has been removed to protect the innocent]

Best topic to bring up with Joe Browning
- DRM

Best reaction from a publisher that didn't realize they won an ENnie until I congraluated them
- Bill Webb

More as I think of them...

talinthas

First Post
Gen Con was awesome, and i was glad to help volunteer for the enworld booth so that Crothian could go cheer on the gelflings =)

Crothian

First Post
talinthas said:
Gen Con was awesome, and i was glad to help volunteer for the enworld booth so that Crothian could go cheer on the gelflings =)

And thank you very much for that. I got to sit with Hellhound and help cheer on the Gelflings while explaining certain costumes to him ;)

Remove ads