• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gencon 2009 Indy

Filcher

First Post
Definitely going. Gen Con is pretty much the one time a year that I can relax and be with people who enjoy the same things I do. The rest of the year I wear the slacks and tie, keep my head down and play stupid in order to earn a living, but at Gen Con, I can be passionate about what I love.

It sounds lame, but to me it really is priceless. I get to be me* at Gen Con.

(And yeah, knowing some Gen Con'ers, that's a scary thought. But I'm not that guy.)

FATDRAGONGAMES

First Post
I'm planning to run at least 96 player-hours worth of stuff, including:
- 4E adventures using the new classes from Forgotten Heroes: Death's Champions, which I imagine will be out by then
- Some late-night Tower of Gygax if it happens again this year, or a similar old-school deathtrap in the wee hours if not; that was a ton of fun!
- a White Box OD&D / Swords & Wizardry homebrew; I'd be happy to do that on Wednesday, and would be delighted to have you as a player, Tom.

Done!

Kishin

First Post
Its an epic event/roadtrip for myself and old college friends, and brings us all together despite being spread out over several local states, so I'll be there.

I'm hoping to drum up some support for Anima by running a few games, if plans to that effect can be put into motion.

Inferno!

Explorer
I'll be there. Of course its a much easier choice for me because its a 20 minute drive downtown and I don't have to pay for a hotel room. :D

Also, my wife wouldn't allow us to skip it. I took her with me the second year GenCon was in Indy, now she geeks out much more than I do. (It worries me at times :eek:)

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
I'm hoping to go. Should be able to, bar any unforeseen disasters ro expenses. There's an outside chance I may be house shopping this summer, and if so GenCon would probably get axed on my agenda, but that's all dependent on a lot of things between now and then.

Erik Mona

Adventurer
Paizo will be there, and it looks like this year's Gen Con will be our biggest show ever!

Here's a list of new products we expect to have at the show:

Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook
Pathfinder Bestiary Hardcover
Pathfinder Adventure Path: Council of Thieves (1 of 6)
Pathfinder RPG Module B1: Crypt of the Everflame
Pathfinder Chronicles: Princes of Darkness (Book of the Damned, Vol. 1)

We'll also have a half-dozen new Pathfinder Society scenarios on hand, as well as special events, a dungeon delve at the booth, tons of seminars, and perhaps even a few surprises beyond that!

I am so excited by the good news coming out of Gen Con, LLC. these days, and am delighted that the show will continue to be in good hands this year!

--Erik Mona
Publisher
Paizo Publishing, LLC

soulcatcher78

First Post
I don't think I'll know until after next month but I'd like to make it again. I didn't get time to really do much more than shop and chat last year so I'm hoping to be able to do more than a single day this year.

Last edited:

Chaldfont

First Post
I'll be there. I'm going to run a crapton of games since I didn't run any last year.

We were just talking about Gen Con the other day as we walked down to the Ram for lunch, only to find out it was closed due to a gas leak. It sure looks different down there now that the dome has been demolished.

Remove ads