• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gencon Couples, Help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdavis

First Post
ruaalien2 said:
We've talked about it, and he wasn't able to conivice me that I would have a good time and would be going for more then him and I would have a good time (then again, he didn't think to make me look at the schedule of events), which is why he made the post.

I know how much Gen Con means to him, so as unfair as it may be to me, I couldn't ask him to miss it. If he decides/decided not to go, that has to come 100% from him, and I know it won't.
At least one of the two of you seems to be thinking about the other's feelings on the matter. Just make sure your decision comes 100% from you too and then you both at least have honesty going for you. Good Luck with this.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Plane Sailing said:
Nightdawn, I have deleted a number of your messages because of inappropriate content, attempts to bypass the profanity filter etc. Since you are new here I suggest that you read the rules for posting again. For reference you can find them here

http://www.enworld.org/announcement.php?f=3&announcementid=45

You attempted to drag this thread down into the gutter, which is not appreciated. If you behave like this again you *will* be banned.

The moderators have discussed the issue further of how Nightdawn behaved in this thread and feel that it is totally unacceptable. The end result of this is a two week ban for Nightdawn. That poster can email me from the mods email addresses in the Meta forum if clarification of our reasoning is required.

I'm sorry that it had to come to this.

Regards,

Last edited:

Its a bad sign that you two think that Providence from NYC will keep you seperated for months. It's only 180 miles. With a major highway straight between. :\ I used to hitch further than that to see the Mrs every other week before we were married.

Amtrack has a $116 round trip, but you don't expect to be seeing each other? :confused:

How commited are you? Really?

ruaalien2 said:
He'd have some black and blue body parts if he did that, and he knows it.
Do you beat him up often? No wonder he doesn't want to visit you.

Last edited:

ruaalien2

First Post
Tobold Hornblower said:
Its a bad sign that you two think that Providence from NYC will keep you seperated for months. It's only 180 miles. With a major highway straight between. :\ I used to hitch further than that to see the Mrs every other week before we were married.

Amtrack has a $116 round trip, but you don't expect to be seeing each other? :confused:

How commited are you? Really?

Do you beat him up often? No wonder he doesn't want to visit you.

If you look at the quote that was pasted above it, you would understand why I said that, and it was said in a joking way. If a guy ignored me all day just to crawl into bed late at night and starting groping me....well yeh, I'd be pissed off, as I'm sure any other female would.

$116 might not seem like a lot to you, but when your working to pay rent, bills, food, etc and can only work limited hours because of school, and you make most of your money on the weekends, it's hard to take off of work and spend that kind of money. We will be seeing each other, just not a lot. And we are very committed, just when looking at the situtation he is in because of living on his own, it's hard.

You might also want to look into a "Ride Board" both in RI and various colleges around Brooklyn. There's sure to be other couples seperated between two cities, that close together, who'll be driving to see each other on weekends and want to take on a passenger for a little gas money.

ruaalien2

First Post
Tobold Hornblower said:
You might also want to look into a "Ride Board" both in RI and various colleges around Brooklyn. There's sure to be other couples seperated between two cities, that close together, who'll be driving to see each other on weekends and want to take on a passenger for a little gas money.

We will do whatever it takes to see each other, but as I said, taking off on weekends is hard for him, and I will be lookign for a job up there on weekends.

DonTadow

First Post
BrooklynKnight said:
thanks for the good natured imput,
thats exactly the type of trip I want us to have..

If you're at the con this year with your lady, the 4 of us should have dinner or lunch together one of the days. Thanks.

And for the record, me and caryn have been discussing this trip and everything else offline too.
Hi

I"m sure we'd love to, however our schedule is pretty packed during the convention. Email me at enworld at chrystaria dot com. We plan on arriving early Wednsday and and leaving monday so we'll be able to do something either of those days.

ruaalien2

First Post
DonTadow said:
Hi

I"m sure we'd love to, however our schedule is pretty packed during the convention. Email me at enworld at chrystaria dot com. We plan on arriving early Wednsday and and leaving monday so we'll be able to do something either of those days.

He is planning on arriving on Wenesday and I will probably join him on Friday and leave with him sometime Monday afternoon, so maybe dinner Sunday night or brunch on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads