• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GenCon Noob - whihc events go fast

HandofMystra

First Post
Tomorrow is Gen Con event registration. As a noob, I feel overwhelmed by the choices. Do I have to register om Sunday to have any hope of getting what I want. I am interested in playing new fantasy RPG system (Call of Cuthulu, Savage Worlds, Game of Thrones) and rounding out with Pathfinder and RPGA and learning AD&D/Old School. My son will want to play 40K and MtG. I know that True Dungeon sells out quick.
Are there some things that are hot that I will need to pick up on Sunday if I want them? I hope I can be more leisurely in some other choices.
I just looked at the signups last night and realized what a huge task the decisions will be.
thanks for your help

Last edited:

MonkeyDragon

Explorer
There are always several blocks of "You too can Cthulhu" for people wanting to learn the game. It looks so exciting! Looks is all I know about it, though, cuz I haven't been able to get into one, EVER. So if you see one open, snatch it up!

marimacc

First Post
Hi!

The You Too Can Cthulhu sells out pretty quickly; True Dungeon, you'd want to try and get as soon as possible; historically, it "sells out" in a few minutes. However, in later days, slots here and there will open, so you should be able to get a ticket or two after Sunday, IF you are diligent in checking the list for available tickets.

So your True Dungeon and your YTCC events, you'd want to try to get those when event reg opens tomorrow (noon eastern for TD, 2pm for YTCC and all other events.)

mr_outsidevoice

First Post
Older/out of print systems with a loyal fanbase go quickly.

So few(if any) games are run, people leap on them when found. I have run Classic Deadlands and Feng Shui and have sold them out fast.

Just take it slow, buy some Generics if you can't get anything you really jones for. People don't make games and more games get added

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads