• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GenCon trumps NFL!

ArcOfCorinth

First Post
Thornir Alekeg said:
Well, my group's other DM played football in school, and actually in high school I knew several members of the football team who played D&D.

Of course some jocks in high school liked to try and beat me up, mostly because I was a classic geek, but they didn't like it when I hit back so they stopped.

Oh, and New York teams do suck ;) . The Yankees may win a lot, but they still suck. I know this to be true because I hear it a lot at Fenway Park :)

I learned to play D&D and Magic: the Gathering via my football team. We were a bunch of geek jocks that almost won the state championship. :cool:

Album Cover X

First Post
ArcOfCorinth said:
I learned to play D&D and Magic: the Gathering via my football team. We were a bunch of geek jocks that almost won the state championship. :cool:

And I played a number of RPGs with friends from my high school baseball team and we did win the state championship :D

Last edited:

Teflon Billy

Explorer
stevelabny said:
its this kind of anti-jock mentality that makes me hope everyone who participates really did get beaten up by a jock when they were young.

I was. Pretty severely ( I had driven his girlfriend home from work)

Later than week, my crew burned his Camaro Z28 to the waterline and delivered a threat that we would kill his dog if their were any further repercussions.

The rest of highschool was a wary dance between our crews. There was never any retaliation from them; and by the same token, we avoided their parties (and women) like they were the plague.

It should be noted, we were "Headbangers" (Heavy Metal kids) and not "Nerds" , "Geeks" or whatever.

Last edited:

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Ranger REG said:
Gee, sounds like any sports team from New York sucks by D&D gamers' standard...

D&D is VANCOUVER CANUCKS TERRITORY!

bertuzzi.jpg

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
Teflon Billy said:
I was. Pretty severely ( I had driven his girlfriend home from work)

Later than week, my crew burned his Camaro Z28 to the waterline and delivered a threat that we would kill his dog if their were any further repercussions.

The rest of highschool was a wary dance between our crews. There was never any retaliation from them; and by the same token, we avoided their parties (and women) like they were the plague.

It should be noted, we were "Headbangers" (Heavy Metal kids) and not "Nerds" , "Geeks" or whatever.

I'm not sure why, but this does not suprise me in the least. :cool:

drothgery

First Post
Kajamba Lion said:
Whoa. :eek: That's bold. :) At least it wasn't the Packers, right? (Which'd be something like me turning around and becoming a Yankees fan if I understand the Bears-Packers rivalry...)
No, becoming a Vikings fan is worse. The one thing Packers fans and Bears fans agree on is that the Vikings are pure, unadulterated evil.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads