• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gencon!!

Chaldfont

First Post
It's hard to work this morning knowing that hordes of gamers are descending on my hometown and that in less than 24 hours I will be getting my geek on.

Weather looks ok: not nearly so hot as last week. Looks like low 80s with some possible rain into the weekend.

I'll be heading up to the Ram for lunch around noon to get some gamer watching in and when I get off work I'll walk over to the convention center and get my swag bag.

GENCON!

Phoenix8008

First Post
:( Makes me sad. I never got the funds together to hit Gencon over the last few years when I lived in Indianapolis. Now, we just moved to Florida and I don't know when or if I'll ever get to go. Dangit. :(

Ravenknight

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
:( Makes me sad. I never got the funds together to hit Gencon over the last few years when I lived in Indianapolis. Now, we just moved to Florida and I don't know when or if I'll ever get to go. Dangit. :(
And You think You got it bad..! Think of us swedes. ;) Every year me and my wife talk about going but some economic disaster always comes up. Have fun everyone.

Festivus

First Post
Put in a pitch for us West coast folks to bring back SoCal. Man I loved that. Perhaps in a couple years I will get to go to Indy.

Chaldfont

First Post
Gamer Watch Update

Gamers have been sighted in downtown Indianapolis!

I just got back from lunch at the Ram. Its walls are festooned with high geekery, the new menu is out and I picked up this year's t-shirt: Bodgers Brew. We swung by the ICC (sadly I didn't have my badge--I forgot it in the office!) and picked up programs. We made it back to work just before it started to rain.

It's Gen Con Eve!

Xer0

First Post
Chaldfont said:
Gamers have been sighted in downtown Indianapolis!

I just got back from lunch at the Ram. Its walls are festooned with high geekery, the new menu is out and I picked up this year's t-shirt: Bodgers Brew. We swung by the ICC (sadly I didn't have my badge--I forgot it in the office!) and picked up programs. We made it back to work just before it started to rain.

It's Gen Con Eve!
Bodger's Brew? Is this another Privateer Press themed beer?

Dynel

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:

I know how you feel, Phoenix, I live in Florida too. I was actually kind of suprised when I saw your Location - you don't live very far away from me. :)

I keep telling my wife this is the year for GenCon...looks like it'll be next year.

szilard

First Post
I'm finally going this year... I won't get there until Friday sometime, and I have no idea what I am doing once I get there, but I am going, dammit!

-Stuart

Remove ads