• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gender and Character Traits (f)

Which of the traits on this list are most feminine?

• High Challenge Rating

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Large Hit Dice

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Good Attack Progression

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Good Fortitude Save

• Good Reflex Save

Votes: 48 33.1%
  • Good Will Save

Votes: 50 34.5%
  • More Weapon Proficiencies

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • More Armor Proficiencies

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • A large number of skill points and class skills

Votes: 62 42.8%
  • Numerous bonus feats

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • Special abilities that apply to combat

• Special abilities that do not apply to combat

Votes: 76 52.4%
  • Good spellcasting

Votes: 54 37.2%
  • Other: (please explain)

Votes: 25 17.2%
  • I'm just voting to disrupt the poll and keep you from your degree.

Votes: 43 29.7%

• Poll closed .
Okay, ENWorlders, I need help only you can provide.

I'm doing a paper on gender stereotypes in D&D archetypes, and I need your opinions on the following question. There are no right or wrong answers, just your opinions.

What traits from the list are most feminine?

Also, please complete the accompanying poll at: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?p=2203019

Thanks everybody! I rave about you all the time.

AlphaCelt

First Post
Honestly, I'd think most gamers would associate a high Charisma score as most feminine. After all, what gamer guy doesn't want to think of a female character as the most beautiful/buxom/seductive whatever have you on the Plane?

Filby

First Post
I clicked "good Will saves," "special abilities that do not apply to combat," "good spellcasting," and "other" for high Charisma scores. I mean, just look at any 1E or 2E book (especially those by Ed Greenwood :p) with female NPCs: they were almost invariably tall, good-looking spellcasters or thieves, and even when they're fighters, they'd have a high Charisma score for no apparent reason (not to mention "armor" that doesn't seem to have any practical use whatsoever).

Thankfully, 3E has made the game a little more realistic in its portrayals of female adventurers... although we've still got a way to go.

kyloss

First Post
For me it would be charisma and dex with lower str- +2 dex and cha -2 or 4 str depending on where you fall on the ballance and importance of strength. That being said I Personaly as a guy would fall very low on the strength end of things but still find my self stronger, at least in upper body, than most women, which is to me mostly what the dnd version of strength represents. but may also give a possible plus 2 con with more thought on it

Kirin'Tor

First Post
I really don't find any of these basic traits to be feminine; I did vote the two "Special Does\Doesn't" apply to combat options. Here's why:

I find the following special D&D abilites to be feminine (IE not appropriate on a male creature): A Siren's song, a Medusa's gaze, any 'Seduction because I'm so attractive you can't attack\betray your friends' ability. That's really it...

I guess my opinion is "combat ability is neither masculine\feminie, but some speical abilites that were historically tied to females should remain so"...is that helpful?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads