• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

General Discussion

jkason

First Post
Okay, newb question, does Int modifier (or Cha/Wis respective of class) affect spell damage? I have heard it is added to the roll, but I can't find it in the rules.

You may be thinking of D&D 4th edition, where I believe your primary stat acts that way. In Pathfinder, if I'm not mistaken, your stat only adds to the DC your targets must roll against on a saving throw. That can definitely affect the damage you inflict, since saves can halve or eliminate damage, but I don't think the stat directly boosts your damage in and of itself.

soulnova

Explorer
Oh... ok. It seems they will have their birthday party when they come back from adventure and then it will be long, long time before they get another. :p

GlassEye

Adventurer
It's not official but I age my characters one year for every real year that passes. I generally operate on the principal that the game date advances with the real life calendar year so adventures that were played in 2011 happened two years in the past of LPF's current date. I also keep a timeline of adventures (woefully incomplete) and a date page on the wiki. But like I said earlier, none of it has been approved by judges; it's just something I do to enhance the verisimilitude of the LPF world for myself.

sunshadow21

Explorer
I will be inaccessible for the next week as I transition from one apartment to another. Please feel free to DMPC my characters as needed until I can return.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads