General Discussion

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I understand that [MENTION=34958]Deuce Traveler[/MENTION] wanted to have his players use the EnW dice roller in his game, but from what I have seen it has proven to be unreliable and cumbersome to use.

I have come to use the Myth-Weaver dice roller myself because of Invisible Castle being down so much and CoyoteCode is also a pain since it doesn’t copy the BBCode links correctly and needs futzing.

I would suggest just letting the players use whichever is comfortable and easier for them. Just ask them to be consistent so they are not rolling using more than one method and taking the better result. Cheating in PbP doesn’t happen that often and generally you can spot fishy behavior and look into the incident if it really makes a difference.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I have come to use the Myth-Weaver dice roller myself . . .

I've been chastised by the muckity-mucks at Myth-Weavers for using their dice roller for games on other sites - which I understand and did not mind; just thought you might want to know. Part of the issue was likely that it was easy for them to spot, as I had a thread devoted to it, but since I now know they don't want me to do it I don't.

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Personally I prefer to use an outside roller, that way I can know what the roll is ahead of time and write up my posts to suit it, which is just not something that forum dice rollers allow (unless there is a separate thread dedicated to it, like on the Giantitp forums).

On a different note, Pathfinder Unchained is out. What does everyone think so far?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I haven't read it - or even browsed. The description (and the name) make it sound like the kind of power bloat that we've been trying to avoid, but I don't have any concrete, real experience with it on which to base that opinion.

Aura

Explorer
What I got from reading about it is that Pathfinder Unchained is mostly about variants in gameplay rules--although some power creep is present, notably for rogues and monks. (Some argue that this is balancing and therefore needed.)

Depending on which rules are being changed, this may make it very difficult to integrate into LPF.

Remove ads