General Discussion

Satin Knights

First Post
Answering the easy question first. For bard spells, I have a couple suggestions.

1) Silent Image: long range, covers a large area, long duration based on concentration, and fits nice with a "theater background". Very versatile when used.

2) Timely Inspiration: The cheerleader spell. If someone misses by 1, your word of encouragement makes them hit. It is an immediate spell, so you can cast it even when it is not your turn. It scales well as you go up in levels.

3) Moment of Greatness: Each ally gets to choose the time they want to use a one shot double bonus from your bardic inspire courage, a bless spell, or any other morale bonus. Since it doubles bonuses, this spell scales as you go up in levels.

Satin Knights

First Post
Re: Zerith

Now I remember you. As I told you about a year ago, planning for 20th level characters in LPF is a fruitless task. It will take you a year to get to fifth level, another to get to seventh. And you start slowing down from there. By the time you get to 15th, there are going to be four more hard cover books out with options that trump what we have now.

Electric in water is far more potent than you think. Growing up, a friend who had a "Fishtank of Doom". It was a massive tank, with three very special occupants. A 27" baracuda, a piranha, and an electric catfish. Surprisingly, all three were very respectful of the others. The gold fish on the other hand, well...

You can go acid if you want, as there isn't a rule against it. It just doesn't feel as impressive to me.

Now on to the build questions:
a) The Crossblooded is a sorcerer archetype. So, it has to be applied to the base sorcerer at first level. Therefore, the penalties it imposes are going to be stiff, and not worth it, IMHO.

b) Linorm can be used for the DD. It is a subtype of the draconic bloodline.

c) Serpentine Fangs and Abyssal Claws can be used in a full attack sequence, as they are both free actions to activate. But it would be a claw/claw/bite. You don't get sword/claw/claw/bite. While sword/claw/bite is available, the claw and bite would be at -5 because they become secondary attacks if you use a manufactured weapon in the round.

d) Abyssal Claws do not activate the DD Dragon Bite ability. That has to be the Draconic Claws that is used. Therefore, you don't get to double up on the number of rounds you can grow claws if you are using the Dragon Bite.

e) 11th feat? Go human. That is the boring route to accomplish it.

Your dragon disciple that moves 5' a round is not going to be viable. I don't think he will live to see 3rd level, much less the upper levels. Since your movement rate is 5', you can't use the 5' step rule to approach someone without provoking an AoO. CRB p.189. Your AC is not stratospheric, so creatures are just going to walk up to you and pound on you. You can't step away without provoking an AoO. You can't step back and cast, so you have to use defensive casting a lot. The concept is a sitting duck.

Qik

First Post
I need suggestions for my bard's spell. Hideous Laughter or Summon Monster 1?

From the two you've chosen, I'd say Hideous Laughter. Summon Monster is only 1 round/level, and a full round to cast, so you're not going to get much more than a momentary speed bump out of it, and you'll tie yourself up for a bit whilst creating that speed bump.

The advantage of the latter two of SK's suggestions is that they're buffs, so you don't have to worry about something saving against your lowerish Charisma. Timely Inspiration is nice - very bard-y, and I love the fact that it's an immediate action.

Zerith

First Post
originally, he had strong tail: but... it did not feel right for a mer who was exclusively in water for, oh, his entire life.
oh well.

Also, now I remember why EXP retreat is good XD

As for weapons: not planing on him using them, he is prideful to every fault, why chop/thrust/etc into what he can maim and eat? I'm not saying he is opposed to aid/equipment (He will be buying a wagon and mule in SHORT order; the concept of a mount is still a bit new to him you see ;3) but he is highly egotistical and well, he chose a fight with a BRONZE DRAGON pre level 1; He was already wondering what parts would taste best :/

As for being acidic; its a thematic choice, he is innately and blatantly of 'evil' heritage, and is enter aquatic, Bronze dragons aren't evil, and greens are the only other water dragon in PF, I think, and their acidic anyways.
__

Oh well, my mind has wandered (shock and horror? or duh and annoyance?)
Think being clockwork or an awakened animal would fly? or am I just being optimistic?:angel: (and no, no sorce/wizard/caster anything cat shenanigans, think the filmier of the caster that survived their masters death;))

I would honestly love to use a griffin, but I never seem to get to:hmm: that and their above ECL 1...

Zerith

First Post
figured. ... Rats.
Moving on :D

I assume 20th level is max
Also, how well used are the Tengu so far and what has been don with their culter thus far?

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Anyone know of a good set of explanations about aerial combat? An article or something.

I have read the Fly Skill description stuff, but it appears to not really cover everything.

I did see a suggestion about establishing a set of house rules to clarify things. Anyone have a good set of those that have been tried?

I am guessing SK does. :p

Satin Knights

First Post
Not yet, but I could write up a set late tonight or tomorrow. It is basically,
Winged vs. magical flight
Swoop vs. Hover
Size of flyer vs. size of opponent
in order to determine what you can do.

Remove ads