General RPG Discussion Database Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
When I'm on the Forum menus page, when I click on the link for General RPG Discussion, I get a Database Error (on both Chrome and Firefox). I can still access a thread in that forum that I've participated in through my profile page, but any links I click to take me back to the main forum page for that category gives me a database error.

My browser is showing this for the path when I get the DB error: http://www.enworld.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?2-General-RPG-Discussion

I don't seem to have any issues accessing that forum via Tapatalk.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Umbran mentioned to me he was having that issue, too, but I couldn't replicate it - and still can't. I was hoping somebody else would say something!

Does it tell you what the database error is, or is it just cryptically telling you there is one?

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
The error message say that the enworld technical staff has been notified, but that could be a generic error template.

I have been getting it too, on Chrome. Haven't tried anything else yet.

ScreenClip.png

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Gah. I hate it when it does that" "There's an error, but it's a secret!"

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Just for sake of putting the information all in one place.

I have tried with Chrome, Firefox, and IE (on Win7). I get that error in any browser, when I am logged in. When I am not logged in, I do not get the error in any browser. I have no problems with the General forum in Tapatalk.

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
I just tried it with IE and when I wasn't logged in, I could access the forum. As soon as I logged in, I got the database error again.

This error has occurred at home and at work, though I haven't tried IE from my home PC yet. I also haven't tried it on my laptop. The error message SkidAce posted is the exact one I see.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Time to start poking around on vBulletin boards, to see if there's a clue there somewhere.

The quick read I did suggests that we need someone to go look at the database error logs to see what the actual error we are getting is....

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
FWIW, I'm accessing the boards almost exclusively via IOS devices using Safari- no Tapatalk (or whatever it is called). No issues.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
...and amusingly, I lost the whole site shortly after posting that.
Right now, though? Seems clear.
Riddick-4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads