Generation Legacy (Issue #5)

Tokiwong

First Post
Paragon watches and cracks a smile, "Yeah I know a few of the names, and as far as the organization is concerned Ryan, I really can't divulge that right now, but it will be much larger then the JE or JEB, which is I think a good thing. I will say the best of luck to all of you," he places a hand on Mark's shoulder, and turns "Oh yeah before I forget, expect a call from Nike, they tried to get Vanessa, err Redline, to do endorsements but she has her own line of gear, mate. Just saying I heard your name come up a few times," he smiles.

Atlas stands at his full height as the people begin to crowd about, he waves, and many cheer, "Looks like it is time to go, J," he says, turning and walking. Paragon nods, and waves, and follows behind the crowd taking pictures, and chattering but they disperse slowly.

Jun Min glances to Mark, "Well look at that, our own little superstar, that is awesome Mark. I know the rest of the team should be announced soon, but I don't know any names sadly."

Samnell

Explorer
Paragon watches and cracks a smile, "Yeah I know a few of the names, and as far as the organization is concerned Ryan, I really can't divulge that right now, but it will be much larger then the JE or JEB, which is I think a good thing. I will say the best of luck to all of you," he places a hand on Mark's shoulder, and turns "Oh yeah before I forget, expect a call from Nike, they tried to get Vanessa, err Redline, to do endorsements but she has her own line of gear, mate. Just saying I heard your name come up a few times," he smiles.

"Nike?" Wow. Maybe he should go back and buy more stuff. And didn't he still need clothes for the dance?

Aust Meliamne

First Post
John concentrates and staves off the uncontrolled chaos for the moment. He puts the magazine back on the rack and leaves the bookstore, wandering around the mall holding his head and closing his eyes occasionally as if he's got a headache. Every now and then, he sits and tries to relax on the oversized chairs placed around the mall for patrons to rest on.

Tokiwong

First Post
Aust Meliamne said:
John concentrates and staves off the uncontrolled chaos for the moment. He puts the magazine back on the rack and leaves the bookstore, wandering around the mall holding his head and closing his eyes occasionally as if he's got a headache. Every now and then, he sits and tries to relax on the oversized chairs placed around the mall for patrons to rest on.

An elderly fellow with dark skin, and craggy wrinkles notices John sitting and smiles, "Hello, young man you look a little down, here have an ice cream on me," the concessionare hands John a large cup of ice cream, "lot on your mind, or just having a bad day?"

He hands him a spoon, and just leans against his stand, making himself comfortable, as John can sense his thoughts of worry, and wondering just what is going on with this peculiar foriegn boy. But he seems to have the best of intentions, at least as far as John can see.

Tokiwong

First Post
Samnell said:

"Nike?" Wow. Maybe he should go back and buy more stuff. And didn't he still need clothes for the dance?

Star smiles, at mark as her tone returns to normal, nearly devoid of emotion, "Just as Tommy predicted, the highest probability of acceptance would be based both on ability, and actual physical presence. You have both the moves, and the looks, that the ladies, and men will like. I applaud you Mark, you have a high chance of making a good leader, as long as you can keep your old habits at bay," she winks, but her voice never waivers..

Tommy grins, "Now, now Star, relax. Mark is like the coolest guy I know, I am like so glad my best pal is the man in charge of Legacy!"

Tokiwong

First Post
Introductions

Meanwhile somewhere over the Atlantic

Karen had a whole row to herself, it was not all that surprising her looks were in a word disturbing. She just didn’t look like anything remotely human, oh her form was female in shape, but that did little hide the fact that no matter she was something entirely more, and alien. The stewardess did little to hide her discomfort around Karen, as she nervously served her something to drink. The in-flight movie was an old film, Spiderman, the effects were by modern standards pretty weak, but an enjoyable movie nonetheless.

The only other person in her row, as an older man with long dark hair, and a handsome face; his eyes were a soft brown, and despite his silence he had a powerful presence about him. He glanced over to Karen, and said his helloes, he was obviously British, by his tone, and he was reading a copy of Sun Tzu’s Art of War.

The stewardess spilled the drink she was pouring for Karen, and made a quick apology, and cleaned the mess and departed quickly leaving Karen with her hot meal and drink. The man glanced over, “It must be troublesome to have to deal with that kind of treatment, I apologize for her, not everyone is used to such a unique and beautiful young woman like yourself.”

His tone is soft and inviting, “I am sorry to intrude, my name is William,” he placed the book down, and relaxed in his seat looking forward, “and besides it looks like you don’t even need the sustenance.”

Hammerhead

Explorer
So that's why he was picked...so we have some kind of teen band/superhero thing going on. What the heck does that make me? And what are Mark's old habits that Star was referring to?

Ryan shrugs, looking at the backs of the two JE superstars. He turns to Mark, smiling again. Hey the Justice Elite guys are stealing all of the crowd's looks. Maybe they are good for something. "So, Mark, shall we try and get some outfits for the dance, or are you going with them for a photo op? Hey Tommy, you seem to know everything that happens here. Do you have any ideas?" Ryan then consults the map stashed in his pocket, looking for the best men's clothing store in the mall. He hadn't spent any of his money since he arrived in Africa, and had quite a few dollars saved.

Tokiwong

First Post
Hammerhead said:
So that's why he was picked...so we have some kind of teen band/superhero thing going on. What the heck does that make me? And what are Mark's old habits that Star was referring to?

Ryan shrugs, looking at the backs of the two JE superstars. He turns to Mark, smiling again. Hey the Justice Elite guys are stealing all of the crowd's looks. Maybe they are good for something. "So, Mark, shall we try and get some outfits for the dance, or are you going with them for a photo op? Hey Tommy, you seem to know everything that happens here. Do you have any ideas?" Ryan then consults the map stashed in his pocket, looking for the best men's clothing store in the mall. He hadn't spent any of his money since he arrived in Africa, and had quite a few dollars saved.

Tommy shrugged, "Do you even think I have a date to the dance, I am just 14 years of age, and it isn't like I am a girl magnet like Billy or Mark, so I wouldn't know. But hey check out that store over there," he gestures to a fine men's store called, The Playboy Club, an expensive but stylish men's clothing store, staffed by attractive women.

Star turns to Ryan, her tone monotonous, "Are you jealous of Mark?"

Sen Udo-Mal

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Back at the Institute

Kiyana helps James, as he is put to work by Mr. Kincaid, on waxing the Bus utilized by the school for long trips. Her water powers are a boon to helping getting the vehicle spick and span, and clean, and to splash James with water any chance she gets.

Kiyana settles down finally and sighs, "So what do you think everyone is doing downtown, I mean I hope they are not scared about, getting attacked again that would be bad, yes?"

"I would think so," Mr. McCallister replies, as he steps from behind the other side of the bus, "But I wouldn't worry about that, now that much of the nasty business in the Congo is being cleaned up, Justice Elite has a chance to relax, and decided to make a stop here in Mudaba Adin."

"I just wanted to come and talk to you James," he says dressed in casual attire, leaning on his cane, "I know you may think that the punishment was harsh, and it may be, but what you did no matter how noble, or quick was put yourelf and others in danger. But I do admire the fact that you are willing to put your neck on the line for your friends," he adjusts his dark glasses, "I like that."

James is feeling lots better with Kiyana help... this doesn't feel much like punishment at all he thinks whenever he splashes him. When Mr. McCallister stops by James is still subdued and quit around him. After hearing what he has to say James kind of perks up "Ah wow thanks Mr. Mac... that is sort of nice of you to say and all. I mean I get it and all that we have to act like adults and stuff... and we have to set and example and all. It's just hard to do the right thing all the time... I mean I don't want people to think that I am a nerd or anything..."

Tokiwong

First Post
Sen Udo-Mal said:
After hearing what he has to say James kind of perks up "Ah wow thanks Mr. Mac... that is sort of nice of you to say and all. I mean I get it and all that we have to act like adults and stuff... and we have to set and example and all. It's just hard to do the right thing all the time... I mean I don't want people to think that I am a nerd or anything..."

Mr. McCallister continues, "Being a nerd is a state of mind, James, you are going to be in a bigger arena pretty soon, and people are going to say a multitude of things about you. And doing the right thing is hard, if it was easy, there wouldn't be a need for Justice Elite, the UN, or even the police. But you have to be able to accept the fact that you have to own up to your responsibilities. No matter what, no matter the cost."

Kiyana nods, "Sounds about right, to me," she says leaning on James back peaking around his shoulder.

Mr. McCallister continued, "Oh and congratulations to both of you, James and Kiyana you have both been chosen to join the Legacy team, your contracts should be waiting in your message boxes back in your room, about $3,500,000 total, is the numbers plus some perks. Your choice to sign or not, Mark has already signed on, the boys back in the UNJE want to spot him as the leader of the core team."

Kiyana blinks, and hugs James, tight, "Oh my gosh I can't believe it!" she gives him a kiss on the cheek, "this is great!"

Mr. MCCallister continues, "But I also wanted to talk to you about what happened in the simulator, what you and Cassie saw, and just how you encountered Synapse, in as full detail as possible."

Remove ads