• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Generation Legacy: Issue #6

Shalimar

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Kelly

The early morning air is cool to the skin, and she basks in the glow of her newfound powers, as she notices that she is not alone in the Yard. She turns to see a slim Japanese male with short-cropped hair, and a pulse of energy criss-crosses his body, the elite known as Kensei, member of Justice Elite.

He seems to contemplate the scene around her, “Morning Miss Mitchell, you look especially chipper this morning, especially after the events of the previous evening,” he bows slightly.
Kelly flashes Kensei an energetic smile as she notices him. She allows the boulder to float back down to the ground, and her with it. "Yea, I guess I am," she says with a shrug, "Its just I figured out a new way to use my powers, and its really cool. I mean, I can like do Telekinesis now, I couldn't until I thought about it in just the right way, but now that I have, its just like, soo, exhilirating. I sort of did it last night, but this is like loads better." she said, lifting a group of pebbles from the ground, and spinning them in faster and faster circles just with the wind. The stones strike each other and go out of control, and Kelly's smile fades slightly.

"I don't like that people died last night, I mean I think its Paragons fault for starting a fight in the middle of a crowded place, but I was able to help protect a lot of people from the flames and from the collapsing roof, so I have nothing to be ashamed of. I went beyond my personal best, doing things I couldn't have imagined till I was forced to do them, and I didn't fail. I guess thats its just a matter of perspective." she says with a shrug, this time only a self conscious smile reurned after the shrug.

"Oh great, now I sound like a fortune cookie."

Hammerhead

Explorer
His last name was Ortega? Ryan rolls his eyes in exasperation. "Yeah, I say I have reason to believe there's a spy here. I mean, we go to the mall, and BAM!" Ryan claps his hands together for effect. "A bunch of armored goons pop out trying to kidnap me. I go to this wildlife preserve, and BAM! More goons. Now Mark goes on a car ride, who knew where him and Sakura were going, and he gets attacked too. In addition, knowledge of my jealousy of Mark could only be known by someone in the school. I think that's all pretty good evidence of a Pantheon spy in the building." But there's no way Rei could have afforded hiring a top class assassin like the one that beat Mark into the pavement. Therefore...

"Rei wasn't the spy," Ryan says, taken aback.

Agamon

Adventurer
"What, who...?" Anika says, her eyes adjusting to the light as she looked about her room. She jumps as she wakes up enough to realize what had just happened. "Gods, a vision!" she says to herself.

She looks around for something to write it all down on before she forgot it, but she stops, realizing it's as vivid as a memory. She settles down and comtemplates what she saw. It makes her shudder, given what she already knew and what had already come to pass. "No, a war between the elites would be devastating, the world would all but be destroyed...but something is encouraging it, the shadow...Overseer? But I thought he wanted to take over the world, not destroy it..." she thinks. "I dunno, maybe I could tell someone about it...but why do I get the funny feeling I'd be laughed at, or at least not taken seriously? Well, I could tell Ryan. He seemed to have an open mind last night, at least." She smiles. "That was fun last night, well until the crap started hitting the fan, anyway. I haven't been able to talk like that with someone since I left Sweden." She sighs. "I miss Sami. I haven't even talked to him since I got picked to be in Legacy, maybe I can get around to that today. But first..."

Anika gets out of bed, stretching and yawning before taking a quick shower and putting on some comfortable clothes. She looks down at her stained, burned, ripped gown lying on the chair. "That's going to have to be burned. Oh well, it served it's purpose I guess.", she thinks with a wry smile. "SARAH, where is Ryan?" she asks. SARAH responds and she says, "Thanks, no, I'll go see him." As she leaves she thinks, "McCallister's office? What's he doing there?"

She gets to the office, knocks and lets herself in. "Hi, I'm not interupting anything important, am I?" She sees the detective from last night and frowns. "Why does Ryan always seemed to get jabbed at with the short end of the stick?"

OOC: New issue and new color for Anni. Hope it's not too easy to confuse with Mark's, but blue is her color :)

Samnell

Explorer
Mark came home from the hospital and went straight to the pool, where he spent a good four hours fighting down nerves and incessant cravings. He'd been so close. If only he hadn't wussed out... Finally exhaustion won out over anxiety and he slept soundly through the remainder of the night.

With morning he confronted the ruin of his first ever legally acquired shirt and with some help from SARAH ordered a replacement, and got the same thing in dark blue and green while he was there. Mark decided he could get used to shopping online if he kept checking out without somebody trying to kill him.

Mark dressed for a long, therapeutic run in his black running shorts and one of the two zip up jerseys he'd bought but never had a chance to wear yet before he remembered one of the things that had been bugging him last night. He zipped his jersey all the way up the neck and did a few quick stretches while SARAH talked him through a tutorial on how to send video mail. The jersey material seemed a little floppy and Mark considered changing into the tank top as the tutorial finished.

A few false starts later, Mark looked at a live image of himself on the screen and decided to stick with the jersey. He thought he looked neat in it, clean. Nothing like a burned out stoner that dined in dumpsters. Mark tagged the button to start recording.

"Kelly, hi! I'm not sure when we'll see each other today, so I thought I'd better send something before I forgot again. You know that guy you're calling in to find the one that beat me up last night? I-I don't feel right about you paying for that. I'm pretty sure I can cover it and if I can't, I want to pay you back for it. Uh...thanks!" Mark signed off awkwardly.

Mark saw he had a message and at the same time remembered the other thing he forgot last night. His long-legged swimsuit needed a good soaking. He picked up the damp black mound from the floor where he dropped and sniffed the growing smell with disgust. Going to be the briefs for a while. Mark didn't mind having to wear the briefer suit, but he felt bad about treating the other so poorly. He always took better care of his stuff than that.

By the time the spedy elite satisfied himself he'd done all he could for the swimsuit and left it to soak in his sink it was nearly noon and he had water all over his jersey. Mark rolled his eyes and changed into his other jersey, this one black on white. Leaving it unzipped for the moment he went to view the new message, from Tommy.

“Hey buddy sorry I couldn’t make out to see you last night, I had to take care of Star, sorry about that though, but I got a little surprise for you!” A file downloads to Mark’s desktop, and then opens showing video footage from a fir-person view of an Asian assailant beating the crap out of whoever is behind the camera. The video freezes and the video enhances giving him a good look at the man’s face.

Good, Tommy took care of Star and...THAT'S HIM! Mark made a nasty gesture at the image that would have gotten him shot not too long ago. "Me and my friends are going to take you apart!" he hissed becoming angrier as he realized he was watching Star being taken apart, cut off by his door bursting open. Mark was on his feet in a blur before he recognized Star.

“Hey Mark, sorry I couldn’t help more then I could. That assassin was better then me, and he as Tommy put it, beat the living crap out of me. I apologize for failing you. Protecting Tommy’s friends is one of my Prime Directives.”

"STAR! You're ok! I just heard from Tommy," without a thought Mark rushed Star and hugged her tightly. "I just saw that guy beating you up. Why were you still there? You should have been gone." Mark suddenly realized what he was doing, pressed up against Star with his chest half bare and wearing shorts that didn't make it halfway down to his knees and let go abruptly, turning red.

"Oh geez, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-" Mark babbled helplessly, thankful for the moment he'd dressed out for running instead of swimming, even if the nylon in his shorts wasn't any thicker than his swimsuits. At least he was a little further from being completely naked while rubbing all over her like some kind of hornball.

Tokiwong

First Post
Mark

Star smiles, “I stayed behind because I wanted to help you, and that assassin was about to kill you. I can’t allow that to happen, my Prime Directive demands it, and I felt that it was the right thing to do. I wanted to do it, not just because I had to but because I think of you as a friend.”

“Tommy said he sent you the data from the attack last night, I hope it is helpful. Don’t worry about it, it does not bother me, it shows you off well. I just wanted to stop by to say that, I hope I wasn’t interrupting you,” she replied.

Ryan and Anika

Mr. McCallister speaks to Anika, “Morning Anika, I hope you don’t mind but this is-”

The detective looked up, “Don’t worry about it Bryant, I would like to speak with Anika as well.”

Mr. McCallister nodded, “Alright, then please have a seat,” he gestured to Anika.

The detective replied to Ryan, “So you believe that Pantheon is keeping tabs on you then? What evidence do you have that leads you to believe that it is Pantheon? I am curious from what I know about them, they are a pro-elite terrorist organization, and their modus operandi seems to be intent on attacking targets that seem to impede what they believe is elite exploitation or something to that effect? Have you had prior contact with them before, or is this all conjecture?”

She then turned to Anika, “Not sure how much of this you know of the situation but I gather you two seem to know each other, do you know anyone that you think would want to frame Ryan, and perhaps what they could gain?”

Kelly

Kensei listens before replying, “I heard about the events and have gone over what footage is available on it, not our best work by far, but things have changed in recent days. The power that be, want results, and they need someone to blame. Capturing known and popular Pantheon agents is one of the ways of going about that end.”

“I can’t pass judgment or put blame anywhere, I know me and Paragon don’t see eye to eye sometimes, but he does get the job done, and keeps his priorities in check when he isn’t stroking his own ego. Doing the right thing all the time, is never easy,” he replies.

“But I would like to think that we do it better then most,” he adds, as a wave of energy crackles over his body briefly, as it is barely contained by his body. He shrugs, “

Shalimar

First Post
"Well, I wouldn't know what the UNJE wants or is ordering, since I am not a member. I just hope that Paragon remembers that before he starts barking orders at me next time, as Mr. McCallister so nicely pointed out, I am just a student." she says with a sigh.

"I put everything else on hold to come here at Paragons suggestion. He implied very strongly that he could get me on Legacy if I did, although I guess that was just him ego stroking himself. Hopefully, I'll get an invitation soon anyway. You know, if he keeps stroking his ego, he's going to make a mess somewhere, like he did last night."

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
"Well, I wouldn't know what the UNJE wants or is ordering, since I am not a member. I just hope that Paragon remembers that before he starts barking orders at me next time, as Mr. McCallister so nicely pointed out, I am just a student." she says with a sigh.

"I put everything else on hold to come here at Paragons suggestion. He implied very strongly that he could get me on Legacy if I did, although I guess that was just him ego stroking himself. Hopefully, I'll get an invitation soon anyway. You know, if he keeps stroking his ego, he's going to make a mess somewhere, like he did last night."
“And here I thought you had an honest reason for helping,” Kensei sighed, “you think the UNJE owes you something, and that they should make you a member of the team?”

Kensei paused and folded his arms across his chest, “From what I saw your not lacking in potential but you are lacking if you think that just because you are here you are going to be the center of attention. Besides whatever implication he gave you, means nothing.”

“Not trying to be harsh, but I just get disgusted with the attitude, many of my peers have. You keep slamming Paragon, but from what I see you are about as bad as he is. So maybe you should stop stroking your own ego, and grow up,” he says flatly.

Kensei turned, looking disgusted, his body crackling with energy once more. He paused, “Oh and next time if Paragon tells you to make yourself scarce, and you stay, don’t complain if he barks out orders. That is his job after all.”

Kensei leaves.

Hammerhead

Explorer
Hmmm, this police officer is smart. I wonder if she is manipulating me for some ulterior motive, or is concerned about investigating the other students? I want to help with the case, but I don't want to incriminate myself.

Ryan smiles at Anika. "Good morning."

Ryan then answers the detective's questions. "Well, I'm not sure it is Pantheon, but if you were in charge of an international terrorist organization, wouldn't you want to put a student or two in the training school for elites? Further, during an attack at the wildlife preserve, the Pantheon agent known as Phase was present. I'm not sure why Pantheon wants me, or even if they are behind the kidnapping attempts. I can make a guess that I have powers similar to Cardinal's, but that's about it. However, I have had no contact with Pantheon members with the exception of our battle with Phase." The detective wouldn't believe me if I told her what the other kidnapping was, and where he's from. This is so confusing! I really need some time to sort things out in my head, maybe talk to Kal and Aris again.

"So you think it's a student at the Institute too? Well, let's see, who isn't exactly a fan of me here? Jimmy, Zero, Yoshi, and Tommy are probably the students who like me least. Jimmy's a bully and thug, but he's honorable, in his own sense. He wouldn't have hired anyone to kill Mark. Zero, he's just kind of quiet, and we had some clashes the first few days here. Yoshi's arrogant, and we kind of got in an argument last night. Still, he was pretty concerned about Mark after he was shot, assuming he's not a good liar. Tommy seems to adore Mark, he doesn't like me because I'm not the biggest fan of Justice Elite."

"However, if a spy was on the campus, wouldn't he strive not to present a reason?" So isn't this line of questioning pointless? My life was so simple fifteen minutes ago too.

Aenion

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Mudaba Adin Institute

July 12th, 2014 1140 local time
Karen

Karen gets an early wake-up from Claire, as she slips into her room, and plops on her bed, and goes, “So!? You two were gone for like forever, what happened?”

Karen was still fast asleep when Claire snuck in. The only visible sign of life was when she turned towards the door as she subconsiously reacted to the sound.
"Mmmm...," she mutters after a few seconds as she opens her eyes, "Morning Claire ... What time is it? First time I slept in weeks."

She sits up with a yawn and rubs her eyes, pulling in her legs to give Claire some room to sit. A dreamy smile forming on her lips as she thinks back at the night before, "It was great ... Kal was so nice. We like flew across the lake and talked about stuff and on the beach he kissed me. It was so great."
She seems to positively glow with happiness as she talks.

Shalimar

First Post
"No." Kelly says as Kensei turns away and starts to leave. She calls the winds instinctively and they bring her forward into a front-flip to land just in front of the door, facing Kensei. "I am going to help people no matter what, thats not what I am angry about, and being the center of attention, yea, I like it, but I don't need it." she sighs out some of her anger at want he had said, most of it was propbably true.

"I'm angry at Paragon because if he hadn't implied it, I wouldn't have come here, and my Aerodyne wouldn't have been shot down killing my pilot. I know its not entirely his fault since he didn't intend for it to happen, but the guy is still not going to be coming back. I just want to know one way or the other is all." the popstar informs the JE member before walking back to where she was to collect her purse and vid phone to figure out how much longer she had before she needed to go pick up Charles.

Remove ads