• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

George RR Martin interview

Verdigris

First Post
George R.R. Martin face-lift

Not that its any big deal, but I recently went onto George R.R. Martin's website and...wow. Unless the picture of the guy on the web site is not Martin, he's totally transformed his appearance. No more bearded dwarf-looking guy. He looks like he dropped about 20 lbs, too.

Samson lost power when Delilah cut his hair. Hopefully, Martin's powers are not proportional to hair quantity. Even if so, he could still lose most of his power and kick the snot out of the nearest competition. Writing-wise, I mean. I'm sure Vin Diesel could take him in a brawl. Heh.

ScyldSceafing

First Post
Verdigris said:
Unless the picture of the guy on the web site is not Martin, he's totally transformed his appearance. No more bearded dwarf-looking guy. He looks like he dropped about 20 lbs, too.

Uhh, I think this is a late-70s picture of Martin at a con, not a current one.

So, is he done with A Feast For Crows? His website used to have a front page saying "No, I'm not done yet." Maybe (crosses his fingers) he's completed the fourth book and we can get a real release date!

Gizzard

First Post
No more bearded dwarf-looking guy. He looks like he dropped about 20 lbs, too.

I saw him a couple of days ago at the Toronto Convention, he hasn't changed at all.

He gave the funniest speech I've seen while presenting the Hugo for Best Novel; talking about how he had won 4 "little" Hugos for his various short fiction, but he'd never won the "big one". A tiny excerpt sounded something like this: "So when I moved to Idaho, Joe Haldeman lived not too far away and we used to hang out together every now and then. Joe, of course, had one the 'big one' for Forever War. Not that I am counting. Anyway, I noticed that even there in the middle of the barren MidWest, Joe was surrounded by adoring women while I had nothing. 'Joe, I've won 4 Hugos and you've only won one. Why are you getting all the ladies?' 'Because I have -*deep voice into the microphone*- the Big One.'"

As for A Feast of Crows, Martin started his Guest of Honor interview by saying "It will be ready when it's ready." Before anyone could ask him the question. ;-)

Remove ads