• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

gestalt help

im trying to come up with a good gestalt character for age of worms, right now i'm tossing around 3 classes, wondering what combination would be best. the three classes are Dragon Shaman (ph2) Duskblade (ph2) and Warmage (c.a.)

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
What is your character concept?

It's so easy to power-game with gestalt that you can lose sight of its greatest potential: making a really fun character concept that actually works. It'll be powerful, whether you're aiming for it or not.

Stormborn

Explorer
Well if you go Duskblade/Warmage you don't have to worry about armor, since both have armored casting abilities. Also, the spell list of the one help compensate for the other. The GMs style, allowable source sources, and party make up will strongly effect a final decision.

Andor

First Post
Duskblade/Dragon Sham strikes me as a good combo. Duskblade is a capable front line combatant, and the Dragon Shamans auras are best up front with the rest of the heavies. Plus a couple of Metabreath feats and you'll have some nifty battlefield shaping abilities to help set up the boomy spells. Of course the latter logic applies to warmage even moreso, but you lose some BAB.

character is a spellscale refugee whose ancestor once controlled a mighty empire. she's a strong willed person, who seeks the power to reclaim what her family once held. as of yet, i don't know the composition of the rest of the party. i like the dragon shaman, they have nice abbilities and it adds to the "draconic heritage" thing.. both duskblade and warmage are nice for spells, duskblade is a more compotent fighter, but theres no question about the knock down power behind the warmages spell selection...

fighter/dragonshaman would be good. but, i'm pretty sure that i'm the only arcane caster. we all got together the other day and discussed our characters. not for sure what everyones going with but so far looks like; halfling fighter/ninja, human cleric(necro)/warlock, elf swashbuckler/warlock, and a goblin cleric/????.... so, problem seems to be already a lack of arcane casting....

Sejs

First Post
guardianfallenangel said:
fighter/dragonshaman would be good. but, i'm pretty sure that i'm the only arcane caster. we all got together the other day and discussed our characters. not for sure what everyones going with but so far looks like; halfling fighter/ninja, human cleric(necro)/warlock, elf swashbuckler/warlock, and a goblin cleric/????.... so, problem seems to be already a lack of arcane casting....

Go spellscale Dragon Shaman / Warmage in that case. You're not a full bab fighter, but you're decent and you can definitely bring the boom.

And you'd qualify for Dragon Disciple if you really wish. D.Shaman 10, D.Disciple 10/Warmage 20. That's pretty draconic right there. Not to mention the mage walking around with a 20+ strength would be rather amusing. :p

Mechnomancer

First Post

Warmage/Sorcerer. give up your armored casting, but gain a better spell breadth. Your NEED an arcane caster for standard D&D. Plus, they both use CHA as their casting stat.

Remove ads