• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gestalt Modern

Starman

Adventurer
I don't think it would work as well as it does in D&D. The classes in D&D have a lot of class abilities. With Modern, you would just get the ability to pick from two classes talent trees, which means that basically, each character doubles the number of talents he has. I think your best bet is to try another method of blending the classes if you want to go down this route.

Starman

Runesong42

First Post
I'm inclined to agree. D20 Modern assumes that characters are going to multi-class, and probably into 3 or 4 difference classes. As such, there would be no great benefit to lump character classes together.

One idea might be to adapt the three-class model from UA - Warrior, Adept, and Rogue (I think?) - and then lump the 6-class model together: Warrior (Strong + Tough), Adept (Smart + Dedicated), Rogue (Fast + Charismatic).
Then, anyone who picks Warrior (for example) could choose from the Strong AND Tough talent trees, and (possibly) have a larger skill list to choose from.

One final thought - Throw in the Psionic classes of Battle Mind and Telepath, and combine the Wizard and Acolyte classes. Throw Battle Mind in with Warrior, Telepath with Rogue, and Magicians with the Adept. You're pretty close to making a "classless" system where one level allows you to branch out into different directions without having to qualify for and pick up new classes.

That's BRILLIANT! Why didn't I think of this before?! *LOL*

Achan hiArusa

Explorer
Experimental Game

Actually we did it with Modern and D&D classes. Everyone picked a modern class and a D&D class. I was a Dworg Tough/Barbarian. We had an Elven Smart/Wizard, and a Human Dedicated/Cleric.

Werther von G

First Post
Starman said:
I don't think it would work as well as it does in D&D. The classes in D&D have a lot of class abilities. With Modern, you would just get the ability to pick from two classes talent trees, which means that basically, each character doubles the number of talents he has.

That sounds an awful lot like the plus-feats from d20 Future.

Remove ads