• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gestault Powergaming

Obrysii

First Post
One of the most potent builds I've ever come up with was as follows:

Werebear 9/Warshaper 4/Warhulk 7//Monk 20

Here is a break-down of it.

[sblock]Monk 1 // Werebear 1 Iron Will*, Stunning Fist, Combat Expertise
Monk 2 // Werebear 2 Combat Reflexes
Monk 3 // Werebear 3 Power Attack, Endurance*
Monk 4 // Werebear 4 Dex +1
Monk 5 // Werebear 5 Run*
Monk 6 // Werebear 6 Improved Natural Attack, Improved Trip
Monk 7 // Werebear 7 Track*
Monk 8 // Werebear 8 Wis +1
Monk 9 // Werebear 9 Cleave
Monk 10 // Warshaper 1
Monk 11 // Warshaper 2
Monk 12 // Warshaper 3 Multigrab, Str +1
Monk 13 // Warshaper 4
Monk 14 // Warhulk 1
Monk 15 // Warhulk 2 Extended Reach
Monk 16 // Warhulk 3 Str +1
Monk 17 // Warhulk 4
Monk 18 // Warhulk 5 Multiattack
Monk 19 // Warhulk 6
Monk 20 // Warhulk 7 Improved Multigrab, Str +1

*Werebear bonus feats[/sblock]

Code:
Stat	Rolled	Racial	Level	Item	Class	Total	   
Str	15	+18	+3	+13	+18	 67 (+28)	   
Dex	14	+2	+1	+4	+0	21 (+5)	   
Con	14	+8	+0	+6	+4	 32 (+11)	   
Int	 11	-2	+0	+0	+0	9 (-1)	   
Wis	15	+2	+1	+6	+0	24 (+7)	   
Cha	13	+0	+0	+0	+0	13 (+1)

Hit Points: 13d8+7d12+220 (Avg. 318hp)

Armor Class: 46 (+7 natural +5 dexterity +7 wisdom +4 monk +8 armor +5 deflection, -2 size)

Speed: Wood Elf Form 90’, Hybrid Form 90’, Bear Form 100’

Space/Reach: Wood Elf Form: 5’/15’; Huge Hybrid Form: 15’/25’; Huge Bear Form (Grappling form): 15’/20’

BaB/Grapple: +15/+51

Full Attack Action: Unarmed Strike +43/+43/+43/+38/+34, Bite +32, Claw +32

Damage: Unarmed Strike 14d8+28, Bite 6d6+14, Claw 4d6+14

Base Saves: Fort +23, Reflex +18, Will +21

Saves with Items: Fort +28, Reflex +23, Will +26

Carrying Capacity (Huge Bear Form):
Light Load: Up to 132,864 pounds
Medium Load: 132,865 – 266,112 pounds
Heavy Load: 266,112 – 399,360 pounds
Maximum Lift: 798,720 pounds
Maximum Drag: 1,996,800 pounds

With 3 epic levels, bumping Warhulk up to level 10, you gain Str +6 as well as the ability to strike everyone within your reach (25') with full attack actions. With Improved Multigrab, you can grapple enemies without yourself being considered grapple, and as you have a +51 to grapple, you can easily grapple with Colossal enemies and win.

The average damage for one full attack is: 455 damage for unarmed strikes, and 63 total from the Bite and the Claw attack. Making the total 518 damage per round. Assuming no critical hits.

ThePublic

First Post
The fact that you are looking for the largest breaks in the rules you can find to create your character is yet another reason why gaming groups lack role playing.

Is this really what you Dm wanted, or is it just a way to make up for some lack of willingness to get into character and actually roleplay?

posts like these make me reconsider if I should play D&D anymore....

Zebediah Magus

First Post
ThePublic said:
The fact that you are looking for the largest breaks in the rules you can find to create your character is yet another reason why gaming groups lack role playing.

Is this really what you Dm wanted, or is it just a way to make up for some lack of willingness to get into character and actually roleplay?

I don't know what you consider to be "roleplaying" but I believe there's no right or wrong way of playing as long as the group is having fun. If his DM doesn't agree with the character he will probably ask him to change it accordingly. He asked for help, not for a flame.

Anyway, I can't see how other gamer's take on D&D can affect your enjoyment of the game.

Awakened

First Post
ThePublic said:

Oh, lighten up :D
Here's the thing: the best DMs will acknowledge that there are different player types. Some have fun solving puzzles. Others love roleplaying. Others love being incessant munchkins. All of it is cool, and all of it is fun. It's important to tolerate all players and provide them with appropriate challenges to maximize the entertainment value of the game.

It's all about fun, after all. Besides, why should someone else's view of the game EVER effect whether or not you play it?

ThePublic

First Post
I respectfully resind my comment in the hope of not causing any flame. Sorry if it is taken that way. I should effect this issue a different way.

Maybe in a different thread...

Awakened

First Post
Zebediah Magus said:
I don't know what you consider to be "roleplaying" but I believe there's no right or wrong way of playing as long as the group is having fun. If his DM doesn't agree with the character he will probably ask him to change it accordingly. He asked for help, not for a flame.

Anyway, I can't see how other gamer's take on D&D can affect your enjoyment of the game.

High-five, Zeb! Double tolerance post at the same time! Hooray for freedom.

Zebediah Magus

First Post
No heat, Public. Sometimes the written word ends up a little harsher than envisioned.

To stay on topic: Milo, my suggestion would be cleric/wizard, since you’ve got scores high enough to make it work. Go for magic domain and grab 10 levels in dweomerkeeper if you really like some cheese, or incantatrix if you want to have an easier time with metamagic.

Patlin

Explorer
ThePublic said:
Maybe in a different thread...

Yes, a thread on 'Gestalt Powergaming' is probably not the most receptive place for an anti-powergaming thread. ;) Powergaming and 'extreme roleplaying' aren't mutually exclusive, but this isn't a good place to argue about whether focusing on the first damages damages the second.

Remove ads