• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Gettin' cheesed...Rant Page

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
What's annoying you so far with anything 5e related we've seen so far?

We had this with the /ragequit thread from a couple of weeks ago, but we've seen a looooot more stuff since then and some folks actually have books now they might not have before.

So, again, no arguments or debates about what folks post. This is just for letting off steam in a safe environment. From the typo's and trivial to the disappointments and dealbreakers...get some gripes off your respective chests.

I'll start...

It's really cheesing me off... that people are REPEATEDLY using the term "Pact Blade" as a descriptor for their Warlocks. I'd REALLY like to nip this in the bud before it gets too much traction.

Your Warlock has a BLADE PACT...or a TOME PACT or a CHAIN PACT...not the other way around. See that? You don't have a Pact Blade. Your Warlock is not a "Pact Blade Warlock" or a "Warlock, Pact Blade." "Warlock, Blade Pact" ok, fine, maybe.

BLADE...is the adjective/modifier that describes your kind of...PACT.

If anything a "Pact Blade"...where Pact would be the adjective of Blade...would be the blade you used to seal your pact. But as a descriptor of your Warlock? No.

Stop it. Just stop. It'sa makin' me crazy!

/cheeseragequit

Boarstorm

First Post
But... but... the result of a Blade Pact is a Pact Blade, isn't it?

Oh sorry, I wasn't supposed to argue.

Umm... what cheeses me is ... actually, I'll need some time to think about it. Coming up empty at the moment.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
But... but... the result of a Blade Pact is a Pact Blade, isn't it?

Oh sorry, I wasn't supposed to argue.

Umm... what cheeses me is ... actually, I'll need some time to think about it. Coming up empty at the moment.

Yes. As I noted...and if people were talking about "My Warlock'S Pact Blade" that would be different. That's not what I'm seeing...in multiple threads. Even if they want to just refer to themselves as a Blade Warlock or a Chain Warlock, that makes oodles more sense.

And, right. No arguing. So, really fer reelz /cheesequit.

NerfedWizard

First Post
It is cheesing me off that the release date of the DMG (Nov 19) is after Indiecon 2014 (which is early November) so no-one can run 5e with DMG at the convention!

In time for Conception of course but I won't be there.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads