• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Getting a Pathfinder Roleplaying game Compatible Logo +OGL licence

Uber Dungeon

First Post
I've been working with my group for a very long time on custom classes and other custom rules. We are looking to put it all together and publish it but we don't want to hit any road bumps like Issues with and OGl Licence. I have done research and I think I understand most of it.

I understand how this part works http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/compatibility

My question Starts here in Paragraph 3 of 3. License Grant: "The Compatibility Logo may only be used under this License in connection with materials you publish under the Open Gaming License 1.0a ("OGL"), a copy of which can be viewed here. You may not use the Compatibility Logo in any way that the OGL prohibits. (Note that you are solely responsible for assuring you use the OGL correctly.) The Compatibility Logo is designated as Product Identity, not Open Game Content, as those terms are defined in the OGL."

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So I have read over "Open Gaming Licence Version 1.0a" As far as I understand it, (After Applying for use of the PRGC logo) I just need to Past this text into the back page of my book along with everything else required by Paizo for use of the "Pathfinder roleplaying game compatible logo"

Is that correct or is it more complicated then that?
[/FONT]

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Slightly more complicated, but not much. You have to update s15 of that text with your own copyright notice.

Uber Dungeon

First Post
Oh I see, I bought "Adventuring Classes, a fist full of Denarii" for reference (also it's a good book)
And I see where they did that beneath the Open Gaming Licence Version 1.0a and the Pathfinder inserts for their logo licence is the copy right info for the Adventuring classes Book.

So this brings up a question, In Adventuring classes their copyright notice reads: "Adventuring classes, a fist full of Denarii. Copyright 2013, Robert J. Grady. All rights reserved."

is that part as simple as just inserting "[Books title]. Copyright [Year published], [My Name]. All rights reserved."?
or is there more to it?

Uber Dungeon

First Post
Hmm, looking over what OGL entitles the use of. Some of what I have read is that Information on the D20SRD (And books clearly listed by paizo) is royalty free to use. I am unsure if it is saying that I can reference it or if I could copy and paste ability's text like Evasion, Improved evasion and sneak attack. (replacing the class name Rogue with my class)

Remove ads