• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Getting At-Wills from your secondary (multiclass) class?

jasin

Explorer
You can, however, get an at-will power from your second class if you go full-hog multiclassing and do the Paragon path thing. That way you get to trade out one of your old at-wills for one belonging to the second class at level 11.
Quite right, I knew that. It's quite a long wait to 11th, though, and this seemed like a neat way around it when it occurred to me (even though it doesn't really make sense, upon further reflection).

am181d

Adventurer
Note that you can get your second class's At-Will as an At-Will, but it happens at 11, when you basically invent a new Paragon Path.

You must take the multiclass feat for the class, then you must take the Novice, Acolyte, and Adept powers to swap an encounter, utility, and daily power from you second class with one of you main classes.

If you've done all that, then at 11th *instead* of taking a paragon path, you can replace one of your At-Wills with one from your second class.

IDHTBIFOM*, but I was under the impression that the Paragon multi-classing was unrelated to the feats advancement.

*Trying out a new internet abbreviation. Hopefully it will catch on!

Blastin

First Post
quick question in this same vein. The warlock multiclass feat. I assume that you do not get the curse ability of the pact you choose, as the feat does not specifically say you do. If you take infernal pact, you qualify for the life stealer paragon path. However, if you don't get curse than that path is pretty worthless as it depends on the curse. With some of the other places where things do seem to work that way I assume this is true, but wanted to make sure I was right.

katahn

First Post
@katahn

You only get the at-will-as-encounter power if the particular feat you took says you do.

Now I wish I had the book in front of me to check that, I could have sworn that the "at will as an encounter power" was a staple of the multiclassing feat. If it isn't in the book that way I wonder if it is errata'd in and if not errata then it sounds like a logical houserule to me. As noted, a class multiclassing into warlock without curse (even as an encounter ability) makes at least one of their paragon paths pointless.

Kordeth

First Post
Now I wish I had the book in front of me to check that, I could have sworn that the "at will as an encounter power" was a staple of the multiclassing feat. If it isn't in the book that way I wonder if it is errata'd in and if not errata then it sounds like a logical houserule to me. As noted, a class multiclassing into warlock without curse (even as an encounter ability) makes at least one of their paragon paths pointless.

Nope, each multiclass feat gives you something different--most actually give you a one per encounter or once per day use of one of the second class's class features. Only the warlock and wizard multiclass feats expressly give you an at-will power as an encounter power.

Remove ads