D&D 4E Getting Back Into 4e

I played 4ed hardcore, but after 4e officially faded into the sunset I started toying around with other games, but I found myself missing 4e. Now I want to make my return. The problem is I gathered a lot of material (and had everything down to a Science), official and unofficial, for it but lost 100% of it, so I'm starting from scratch. Fortunately, I see there is a 4ed wiki.

But what I'm wondering is, do I have the last complete errata? I found one that says rules updated to 8/2012. I derno if that was the last one.

Also, I found the Living Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide very helpful for my own campaigns, and I want the most recent one: the one I found says Version 2.5 --- but its stamped with DRAFT on each page, so I was wondering if there was a more recent one?

I remember there were some monster updates too, such as the grell, wights, and a few others if I recall correctly. Can these be found anywhere?

More problematic, but I found the Masterplan software very helpful, but they are now defunct, so I was wondering if there was a version of it anywhere that I could download?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

pemerton

Legend
The August 2012 errata is the last errata I have, and so the last I know of. And the version of LFR guide you describe is the one I have downloaded.

Sorry that's the best help i can give. I don't know where you'll find those MM updates - I think WotC took all the 4e stuff down from their site, so you might have to look in some less likely places . . .

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
Some fans put together offline versions of all the tools but, obviously, I cannot post links here. They're definitely worth getting and take care of the errata and update problems.

thanson02

Explorer
Welcome back! Many of us have PDFs of magazines and other documents. If you look at the list, you will see who the heavy hitters are. 😊

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'm glad to be back. I had so much fun with 4e and its intrinsic dynamics, etc. I foresee me coming across some upgrades/house rules/tweaks to it too.
No rush, I have much preliminary work to do/assemble. Once settled, I'll be frequenting this forum hardcore and I'm sure I will find who has the pertinent information as well as a host of other aspects. I'm quite excited! (yet, overwhelmed a bit).

Tony Vargas

Legend
I think WotC took all the 4e stuff down from their site, so you might have to look in some less likely places . . .
They did, with extreme prejudice, but they still haven't decommissioned DDI. If you were ever signed up for it, and remember your password, you can still re-up. It's a little tricky, but possible. You'll have the compendium - and the still slightly buggy CB & AT, for as long as you can coax a new PC to run them, or an old one to keep working.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
They did, with extreme prejudice, but they still haven't decommissioned DDI. If you were ever signed up for it, and remember your password, you can still re-up. It's a little tricky, but possible. You'll have the compendium - and the still slightly buggy CB & AT, for as long as you can coax a new PC to run them, or an old one to keep working.

Arguably they didnt want to host edition wars...

Remove ads