• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Getting Monster Manual II added to the SRD

RavinRay

Explorer
MKMcArtor said:
We've already begun using monsters from other publishers in our products…
The thing is, anything from WotC has that "official" cachet attached to it, even if stuff from other publishers match it in quality. But, it's also a feeling of nostalgia/loyalty that some monsters present since 1e be given open status. How the epic dragons managed to be in the SRD while the gem dragons aren't still eludes me… :\

Razz

Banned
Banned
MM2 had plenty of cool monsters. The new giants, the gem dragons, the phoenix, the leviathan, new dinosaurs, new dire animals, the linnorms, the first MM to print yugoloths, etc.

Again, it brought back a lot of old favorites that have just as much right to be in 3rd Edition D&D as any other creature. I do agree that the problem is WotC has yet to do a "Monster Manual 2 Revised" book.

However, if the CR is what's bugging people, lower the CR than.

If it's the ability scores, pump them up or lower them as needed.

It's a little extra work, but it's worth it to me if I get to use the Dread Linnorm, for example. My players remember that dragon from 2E and they were ecstatic to be able to battle it again in 3E.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads