• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Getting some extra attack bonus

Hi all,

My character is a 6th level archery Ranger , and his +10 attack bonus just isn't cutting it ( +3 lvl, +1 weapon, +4 ability, +2 prof).

Aside from a slightly overdue boost to my weapon's enchanment bonus, do i have any other options for upping my attack bonus?

Thanks

Aexalon

Explorer
Hi all,

My character is a 6th level archery Ranger , and his +10 attack bonus just isn't cutting it ( +3 lvl, +1 weapon, +4 ability, +2 prof).

Aside from a slightly overdue boost to my weapon's enchanment bonus, do i have any other options for upping my attack bonus?

Thanks

• Ensure no ally is closer to the target, and claim the +1 to hit offered by your "Prime Shot" ranger class feature.
  • Use power that offer attack bonusses (Careful Attack :eek:, Fox's Cunning, Rapid Volley, Scattering Volley) , target reflex defense (Shadow Wasp Strike), or target fortitude defense (Thwarting Shot).
  • Get your allies to use powers to lower the target's defenses (too numerous to list).
  • Obtain combat advantage against your target (stealth, flanking).
  • Switch to a superior crossbow.
Nothing else comes to mind at the moment. I'll be watching this thread for further suggestions from other respondents </ranger player>.

Alas, I traded in my Defensive mobility and prime shot for a little dabbling in Beast master...

Tragically, my fuzzy companion Bradley (the bear) was killed by some giant beetles today. :.-(

Aexalon

Explorer
Alas, I traded in my Defensive mobility and prime shot for a little dabbling in Beast master...

Tragically, my fuzzy companion Bradley (the bear) was killed by some giant beetles today. :.-(

Not so much an archery ranger as a beastmaster ranger then, eh.

On the upside, having an beast companion makes it easier to flank targets (and thus gain combat advantage against them). Then again, without Defensive Mobility, and with your beast companion unable to mark, that could prove a hazardous tactic.

As for your recent loss, learn the "Raise Beast Companion" ritual (Martial Power p.41). Its market cost is free, and its component cost in the heroic tier is a scant 50gp. You needn't even have the Ritual Caster feat.

Mr. Teapot

First Post
  • Get your allies to use powers to lower the target's defenses (too numerous to list).

Or get your allies to use powers that boost your chances of hitting (Lance of Faith) or grant extra attacks (which doesn't increase your chance of hitting with a given attack but increases your chance of hitting in a given round).

Remove ads