• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Getting sued for what you say on a messageboard

Gez

First Post
Post: 2. No, I don't think you'll have trouble. At least not because of the ENBoards.

Well... They want to ruin the fun of trolling, don't they ?

Don

First Post
Hey, this is a serious issue. Posting negative messages about companies on message boards hurts companies, which, in turn, negatively affects the economy, which, as a result, helps terrorists.

So, if you badmouth a company on a messageboard, you're HELPING TERRORISTS!!

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Don, you're trying to be funny, but you're also inadvertently inciting a major flame war. Not so cool. Next time, please don't make political references, even when they're clever, funny or ironic.

No one respond to the humorous post with vitriol, please. Thanks!

Eryx

First Post
To be honest, I think the idea of sueing someone for what they post on a chat/forum is pathetic.

Have these people never heard of free speech?

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
If I'm reading it correctly, then this isn't such an ominous thing. Basically, criticizing a company and its products or services based on your assessment of their relative quality is one thing; accusing the company or a person in that company of illegal activities you can't prove is another.

dvvega

Explorer
The Colonel is right. If you give an opinion you're AOK, however accusations, and slander amount to defamatory comment and are targetable for suing, and so forth.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads