D&D (2024) Getting the questions for the playtest survey?

Yaarel

He Mage
Is there a way to find out what the questions are for a playtest survey, before taking the survey?

I want to prepare the answers ahead of time − at my own pace and to add things that occur to me later.

Then when I take the survey, I can just copy paste my answers in.

Yaarel

He Mage
Yes.
You can watch a Youtube video of someone taking the survey. Because the surveys are up for a month, you can find such a video easily within the first week or so of it going up and then have several weeks to type something up.
Helpful point.

At the same time, WotC / DnDBeyond should probably publish the survey questions at the same time as offering the survey.

Heh, this isnt a "pop quiz". The survey is an effort to determine what D&Ders think about the playtest. Preparing answers ahead of time is helpful and more comprehensive to catch less central problematics.

mellored

Legend
I don't think there is a time limit on the survey. So you can do it at your leisure.

And it's pretty much "on a scale to 1-5, how do you feel about this feature".
And then a text box for additional comments.

Yaarel

He Mage
I don't think there is a time limit on the survey. So you can do it at your leisure.

And it's pretty much "on a scale to 1-5, how do you feel about this feature".
And then a text box for additional comments.
It is the text boxes that I want to prepare.

Deciding how assign the scores 1 to 5 would be helpful anyway.

mellored

Legend
It is the text boxes that I want to prepare.

Deciding how assign the scores 1 to 5 would be helpful anyway.
They ask about the overall class, overall subclass, and then every individual feature.

So you go down the packet, and copy every heading into a spreadsheet, then you can put a number and comment next to each one.

I.e.

Barbarian: 4: seems fine
Rage: 5: sustaining it with a bonus action is an improvement
Unarmed defense: 3: no comment
Weapon Mastery: 5: great addition. 2 weapons is the right amount for non-fighters.
Danger Sense: ...
Path of the Berserker: 4: simple, but works
Frenzy...

That should be pretty close.

Yaarel

He Mage
They ask about the overall class, overall subclass, and then every individual feature.

So you go down the packet, and copy every heading into a spreadsheet, then you can put a number and comment next to each one.

I.e.

Barbarian: 4: seems fine
Rage: 5: sustaining it with a bonus action is an improvement
Unarmed defense: 3: no comment
Weapon Mastery: 5: great addition. 2 weapons is the right amount for non-fighters.
Danger Sense: ...
Path of the Berserker: 4: simple, but works
Frenzy...

That should be pretty close.
What I feel the need to comment on, depends on what the survey asks, how the survey phrases it, and what the survey leaves out.

I feel the need to see the survey itself ahead of time.

That said, your suggestion seems reasonable.

Besides, the last two surveys were very long and covering disparate kinds of information. I want to answer the survey at my leisure.

aco175

Legend
I like the idea and you would think Wizards would want the most thought-out suggestions. On the other hand, there is something to having an initial, gut-check reaction free from preparation. I would think that making a new edition is something they would want well thought answers for though.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I like the idea and you would think Wizards would want the most thought-out suggestions. On the other hand, there is something to having an initial, gut-check reaction free from preparation. I would think that making a new edition is something they would want well thought answers for though.
They want feedback, but these playtests are for a gut check smell test of.broad options, not finer detailed points.

Remove ads