• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Getting The Word Out There

The_Universe said:
Regardless, it seems readily apparent that we could outgrow the current venue VERY quickly.

We'll see. I'd rather undercommit the first time and have extra space than overcommit and have to kick people out.

And if it turns in the THE event on the Eastern Seaboard, we'll have to look into the Convention Center anyway :p

The_Universe

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
We'll see. I'd rather undercommit the first time and have extra space than overcommit and have to kick people out.

And if it turns in the THE event on the Eastern Seaboard, we'll have to look into the Convention Center anyway :p
Fair enough. However, I think we can remain a good deal more obscure than "THE event" and still have more than 42 attendees. Now that that number is in my head, I'm a little afraid to advertise...

madwabbit

First Post
The_Universe said:
Fair enough. However, I think we can remain a good deal more obscure than "THE event" and still have more than 42 attendees. Now that that number is in my head, I'm a little afraid to advertise...
I might have a back-up plan, but it is in Old Town Alexandria, directly across from the King Street Metro station. I'm hesitant to say any more about it until I can get it confirmed, and it has drawbacks, but it might be a safety net if things should get too big real quick.

--tom

The_Universe

First Post
madwabbit said:
I might have a back-up plan, but it is in Old Town Alexandria, directly across from the King Street Metro station. I'm hesitant to say any more about it until I can get it confirmed, and it has drawbacks, but it might be a safety net if things should get too big real quick.

--tom
Keep looking into it, because it could be a good possible site for future DCgamedays. :)

The_Universe

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
We picked up the www.dcgameday.com domain a couple of days ago. For now it just points to this forum, but - eventually - it'd be nice to have a nice little setup with the dates and locations for area gamedays. :)
So...does anyone know how to a build a webpage other than a blog? ;)

madwabbit

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
I can do the technical stuff. I have zero artistic talent when it comes to graphics content, though.
We can probably find some folks to do up some quick art.

Would the site be an announcement site only, or would we want forums and such? I mean, I was contemplating trying to get some kind of DC Metro Gamers site set up, but then again, when you already have sites like ENWorld, RPG.net, The Forge, etc., it seems kinda... well, more effort than it might be worth.

--tom

I think that having the site contain all of the essential information (date, time, place) would be good... but I'm keen to keep the planning over here at ENW.

However, I could be convinced otherwise. :)

Remove ads