• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gez's Arcane Nifties Gathered

Gez

First Post
Indeed. I don't remember why I gave them 13, whether I forgot their Cha penalty or based the DC on Int, but it should either be errated to 12 or have some reason for 13.

Also, the Hypnos' save DCs should be lowered by one, since Spell Focus in the revised edition is +1 to DC, not +2. And finally, they should require Craft Construct rather than Craft Wondrous Items. And I should give them an LA.

I made them before I had access to the revised books (and online SRDs are good only for reference, I can't really read them like a book).

I'm happy to see them used, ever since I discovered them, I've been fond of the Magens. I like "vat-creature" type constructs, like them and the homonculus. Note that Magens are a good candidate for having the Living Construct subtype, if you so want to modify them.

Last edited:

Garnfellow

Explorer
Gez said:
I'm happy to see them used, ever since I discovered them, I've been fond of the Magens. I like "vat-creature" type constructs, like them and the homonculus. Note that Magens are a good candidate for having the Living Construct subtype, if you so want to modify them.

I agree -- vat creatures rock. I really like the idea of using the Living Construct subtype -- will have to take a look at that.

IcyCool

First Post
Good stuff Gez!

My only comment would be on the Epigone. I may have read that wrong, but the kinds of familiars you are allowing at second level are quite powerful (musteval guardinal is an ECL 7 I think). My suggestion would be moving the familiar ability up to level 5 or so. That way they are able to get a potent familiar without the Improved Familiar feat, and get it at about 2 levels earlier than any other caster.

Remove ads