• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gez's Arcane Nifties Gathered

Gez

First Post
Good ideas, but the no-more-than-once aspect is a bit at odd with 3e's balance paradigms, where no accident can't be undone (XP lost can be gained back the normal way, casualties can be resurrected, fallen paladins can atone and raise back, and so on -- and on the other hand, levels can be lost).

I chose to present the default rules with 3e's automatism in mind -- only the flow of time is irreversible; everything else can be restored to what it once was.

Nellisir

Hero
Gez said:
Good ideas, but the no-more-than-once aspect is a bit at odd with 3e's balance paradigms, where no accident can't be undone (XP lost can be gained back the normal way, casualties can be resurrected, fallen paladins can atone and raise back, and so on -- and on the other hand, levels can be lost).

I chose to present the default rules with 3e's automatism in mind -- only the flow of time is irreversible; everything else can be restored to what it once was.

Err, my error. Insert the word "individual" between "a" and "staff" (and change "a" to "an" while you're at it...).

The wizard can attune to as many staves as he likes over his lifetime...just no one more than once.

Sanackranib

First Post
Gez- good job on the magens. I havent seen those since the basic set! is the minimun caster level = to the minimum level required for the needed spells? and what about casting the needed spells from scrolls? if there is a loophole my players will exploit it! :cool:

Gez

First Post
The rules (by the way, anyone wants to help me update it to full 3.5 compliance?) are the same than for any other magic items.

So: caster level: not necessarily the minimum level required.
Casting from scrolls: possible, but since each spell must be cast each day, and construction lasts one day for each 1000 gp in market price, you'll need 20 to 30 scrolls of each spell required...

Gez

First Post
This comment would be more helpful with a list of at least a few of the errors/problems you noticed... :\

Frostmane

First Post
Edhel questions

Hi Gez!

Just wondering..did you ever develop Edhel any further? The Ophidians and Edhel PrCs? Its new spells? Or the clockwork mages, and the Esolem "Clockwork Creature" and Arcanolem "Clockwork Immortal" templates? I recall being very enthused when I first saw your webpage and hope you do expand on it someday.

Regards,

Frostmane

drmshadw_@comcast.net

<Remove the _ for a viable email address>

Garnfellow

Explorer
Thanks for all the Magen!

Gez,

Nice job on the magen conversions. I used all three in a recent game with great results. My advanced versions are over in my Rogue's Gallery thread.

As an aside, I think the save DC for the galvan magen's lightning bolt might be off -- shouldn't it be 10 + 3 (spell level) -1 (Cha modifier) = 12?

Remove ads