• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ghost in a Jar, game idea?

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
Last edited:

Dimenhydrinate

First Post
fark you!

uhh no. I had never even heard of fark.com until you mentioned it. I just happened to stumble across the ghost while looking through the weird stuff on ebay. I do it about every 2 to 3 days to find the oddest things I can.

Darth Shoju

First Post
lol

Someone at work just showed me that! Man that's messed up. The guy is saying he'll report people who do joke bids to the FBI. :rolleyes:

blackshirt5

First Post
Dimenhydrinate said:
Has anybody else seen this one yet? I think this could be mined for a game or two.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2931457201&category=1469

Yup, I can just see the setup now:

"An unscrupulous merchant is trying to scam adventurers by offering to sell them a bogus Allip in a Jar, and threatening to report them to the elite Golden Leopards if they offer him money jokingly. A Horrific Misadventure for 4-6 PCs of 1-20 level. Requires PayPal."

Reminds me of 'Expiration Date' by Tim Powers. It's a modern day tale about people who capture the peoples' dying breaths. Inhaling the captured breath resulted in a drug-like high as you experienced the person's life. The main plot of the story revolved around a vial that supposedly contained the last breath of Thomas Edison.

Djeta Thernadier

First Post
I split my work day between ENWorld & Fark...

I mean...working. I spend my work day working. I think I was the one who posted the ghost in a jar on Fark yesterday.

I definately see potential to work it into a game...or even design a whole new game around it...it is truly a wonder to behold...
:D

~DjetaT

Remove ads