• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Giant-Killer Paragon Path

tchristensen81

First Post
Got it in my head to look over the old kits from 2nd edition and see about converting one of my old favorites "The Green Ranger" to a Paragon Path in 4th edition. Well, I quickly realized that would be a more difficult task and I wanted to tackle something simpler first.

So I found this, and I realize it was a prestige class as well, now I admit none of the powers really come from either the kit or the prestige class, they are more in the same vien. First time making my own Paragon Path, I like feedback please. With the "Points of Light" campaign setting and the background with Dwarves and Giants I think this would be a very fitting Dwarf prestige class.

I built it under the idea that though it would have a strong focus on Giants, it would be useful and most of the abilities would work against any creature larger than Medium, this way the player would often feel his special abilities came into play. No matter what you think of the Paragon Path, I must admit I love the Exploit names.

Giant-Killer

For personal reasons you have honed your skills Giants, Titans, and their kin, taking advantage of the fact that you are smaller than them. You are fearless in the face of these monsters, have faith in your skill and speed and have learned a Giant’s size merely means he makes a good target.

Giant’s Hatred (11th Level) Any giant is automatically designated as your hunter’s quarry. If more than one giant is involved in the encounter then you may have multiple target Giants designated for hunter’s quarry but you may not choose any additional hunter’s quarry while there is a Giant designated as your hunter’s quarry. You also recieve an additional +1 to attacks against a large or larger creature that is designated as your hunter's quarry.

Size Does Matter (11th Level) You do not provoke Opportunity Attacks from large or larger creatures when using a ranged attack against a large or huge creature. In addition when you spend an action point to make an extra standard action while you have a large or huge creature designated as your hunter’s quarry you may shift half your movement before or after the extra standard action.

Titan’s Bane (16th Level) When you designate a large or huge creature as your hunter’s quarry you deal an extra +1d6 points of damage whenever you would be eligible for extra damage from your hunter’s quarry. This damage increases by another extra +1d6 (for a total of +2d6) if the quarry is also a giant.

Cut the Beanstalk Giant Killer Attack 11
You fire a well placed arrow that cuts into the tendons of your opponents leg. He falls to the ground with a loud thud and a phrase “The bigger they are…” comes to mind.
Encounter Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Dexterity vs. Reflex
Hit: 2[W] + Dexterity modifier damage, and the target is also immobilized (save ends). If the target is large or larger you also knock the target prone.

Jack be Nimble Giant Killer Utility 12
As his club misses you, you deftly roll under the legs of your larger opponent and
get yourself into position for devastating attacks.
Encounter Martial
Immediate Reaction
Trigger: An opponent that is above large size and misses a melee attack against you.
Effect: Designate a square adjacent to the attacker who missed. You may immediately move to that square through your attacker’s square and do not provoke any additional opportunity attacks. In addition you gain combat advantage against the target (save ends). If you take a move action to shift this round after using this exploit you may shift your full movement.

Jack be Quick Giant Killer Attack 20
You run circles around your opponent and fire an arrow at his eye as he tries to keep up with your dizzying speed.
Daily Martial,Weapon
Standard Action Ranged weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Dexterity vs. AC
Hit: 4[W] + Dexterity modifier damage.
Effect: You may shift your full movement both before and after this attack. This occurs whether the attack hits or misses.

Chainsaw

Banned
Banned
Haha, faced same thing with my "Rules for Insanity" thread. Anyway, your idea sounds cool, but it'll be a while before any of my guys reach Paragon.

Remove ads