• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Giant Space Hamster

dhaga

First Post
I noticed the Giant Space Hamster shows in the Creature Catalogue, but I didn't see any of the "variations" there. Last night, I converted all the variations (except for Wooly Rupert), as listed in the above post, to 3e.

All of the variations use the "standard Giant Space Hamster (GSH) template". I've just listed what changes are made in their stats:

Hamster, Giant Space - Variations:

Subterranean GSH (CR 3)
Speed: 20 ft., Burrow 20 ft.
Attacks: 2 Claws +6 melee
Damage: Claw 1d6+4

Sabre-toothed GSH (CR 3)
Damage: Bite 2d6+6

Rather-Wild GSH (CR 2)
Gaints a +2 bonus to attack and damage rolls when confronted by non-hamsters.

Invisible GSH (CR 4)
Spell-like Abilities: Casts as a 6th level sorcerer. 1/day -- Improved Invisibility

Sylvan or Jungle GSH (CR 2)
Skills: Climb +17

Miniature GSH (CR 1/8)
The same size as normal hamsters, these are usually kept as pets.

Armor Plated GSH (CR 3)
AC: 16 (-1 Size, +1 Dex, +6 Natural)
Furless and covered by a rhino-like hide. Very aggressive.

Yellow Musk GSH (CR 4)
Special Qualities: Noxious Gas
Noxious Gas (Ex): These yellow-furred hamsters constantly emit a cloud of noxious gas in a 30 ft. radius. Those in the cloud must make a Fort save DC 15 or be nauseated for 1d4 rounds. Nauseated creatures cannot attack, cast spells, concentrate on spells, or do anything else requiring attention. Nauseated characters may only take one action per round, and those can only be move-equivalent actions.

Translucent GSH (CR 2)
Special Qualities: Translucent
Translucent (Ex): These hamsters are translucent, and their skeletons can be seen. Creatures viewing the hamster must make a Will save DC 12 or be panicked for 1 round (-2 morale penalty on saving throws, must flee, 50% chance to drop held items).

Carnivorous Flying GSH (CR 3)
Speed: 20 ft., Fly 40 ft. (Good)
Attacks: 2 Claws +6 melee, Bite +1 melee
Damage: Claw 1d6+4, Bite 1d8+6
Sports 2 large bat-like wings.

Two-Headed Lernaean Bombardier GSH (CR 4)
Attacks: 2 Bites +6 melee
Damage: Bite 1d8+6
Special Attacks: Belch
Special Qualities: Regeneration 3
Belch (Ex): Once per day, this GSH can utter a resonating belch. All those within 30 ft. must succeed at a Fort save DC 16 or be stunned for 1d4+1 rounds.

Fire-Breathing Phase Doppleganger GSH (CR 5)
Abilities: Int 6
Skills: Listen +7, Spot +7
Special Attacks: Breath Weapon
Special Qualities: Ethereal Jaunt, Polymorph Self, Fire Resistance 15
Breath Weapon (Su): This GSH can use its breath weapon once every 3 rounds: Cone of fire, 30 ft. long, 2d6 damage. Reflex save DC 16 for half damage.
Ethereal Jaunt (Su): This GSH can shift from the Ethereal to the Prime Material plane as a free action, and shift back again as a move-equivalent action (or during a move-equivalent action). The ability is otherwise identical with ethereal jaunt cast by a 14th level sorcerer.
Polymorph Self (Su): As a standard action, this GSH can polymorph itself into any large-sized animal. Reverting to its natural form is also a standard action. This ability is otherwise identical to polymorph self as cast by a 14th level sorcerer.

Great Horned GSH (CR 3)
Special Attacks: Charge
Charge (Ex): This GSH has a large horn on its nose, which it can use to gore opponents if it charges at them. The horn deals 1d8+4 damage, and deals triple damage on a critical hit.

Abominable GSH (CR 2)
Special Qualities: Cold Resistance 20
These hamsters are all albino.

Tyrannohamsterus Rex (CR 5)
Type: Huge Animal
Hit Dice: 6d8 + 30 (39 hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 20 ft., Burrow 10 ft.
AC: 13 (-2 Size, +5 Natural)
Attacks: --
Damage: --
Face/Reach: 10 ft. by 20 ft. / 10 ft.
Special Attacks: Trample
Special Qualities: Frightened Easily
Saves: Fort +10, Ref +2, Will +2
Abilities: Str 27, Dex 11, Con 20, Int 1, Wis 10, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +6
Feats: None
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Climate/Terrain: Temperate hills and plains
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 5
Treasure: None
Alignment: Neutral
Advancement: 7-10 HD (Huge)

25’ tall at the shoulder.

These huge GSHs are very skittish. They will not attack other creatures, even if attacked themselves. Their only defense is their huge size and giant paws, which they sometimes trample creatures with in their attempts to flee whatever has most recently frightened them. Any display of magic, fire, bright light, loud noise, etc is sufficient to frighten a tyrannohamsterus rex, causing it to flee from the source at maximum speed. These GSHs usually flee for 1d4 miles before they calm down.

Trample (Ex): Those in the path of a fleeing tyrannohamsterus rex would do well to get out of the way. Any creature of large size or smaller is apt to be trampled by the GSH, suffering 6d6 points of bludgeoning damage. Creatures may opt to make attacks of opportunity on the fleeing GSH, at a –4 penalty. Those who choose not to make attacks of opportunity may attempt a Reflex save (DC 21) for half damage.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Well, I think that Wooly Rupert is far beyond the ken of a normal D&D game, like the ancient Baatorians and the Lady of Pain. He's just not possible of being conveyed in stat-block form.

And, is it just me, or is Wooly Rupert a reference to Spiny Norman, the giant hedgehog that tormented Dinsdale Piranha in Monty Python's Flying Circus?

Demiurge out.

dhaga

First Post
pyrobob said:
What about the Giant Space Hampster of Ill Omen?

The GSH of Ill Omen and Wooly Rupert are one and the same. I'm not sure if he's quite at the Lady of Pain's level of nastiness ;)

If there is a request that I stat Rupert out, I could certainly make something up. There just isn't much to go on for him in his description, except that he's very large (in theory) and has spellcasting abilities.

Not sure if he and Spiny Norman have relations or not ;)

demiurge1138 said:
And, is it just me, or is Wooly Rupert a reference to Spiny Norman, the giant hedgehog that tormented Dinsdale Piranha in Monty Python's Flying Circus?

Dinsdale!

The fact that you reminded me of that has stored your fate of having me force you to make the statistics for Spiny Norman.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads