• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Giant Unstopable Robot- THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP :-)

Talon5

First Post
Little update for all of those that helped and were curious. We barely beat the robot.

Corsair- telekinetic

Palisade- flying strong chick

Dynamo- electrical guy

Spinnerette- martial artist, clinging and web type powers

Hornet- Corsairs brother, no powers, but uses skills to help group out

The group starts by talking about the plan- get a wrecking crane with a big magnet, dig a hold in the street in the path of 40’ tall robot, place I beams in hole on top of magnet, need power for the crane, make hole camouflaged, use cables to trip and tie robot up. Open fuel port on robot’s foot, Dynamo blasts into fuel tank, damages robot.

Palisade and Corsair collected a crane- barrowed from a wrecking yard. Hornet collects a truckload of steel.

Decide that the robot is headed for the university thou there is no obvious reason for this leap of logic. Start to start digging, realize plan won’t work as the robot “leaps” 2 miles and can easily jump the hole, which will take hours to dig.

I beams, magnet and power moved to location a mile ahead of robot and set up, the magnet is under the I Beams in a depression.

The group attacks the robot, drawing it towards the pad of steel, Hornet waits to turn it on and the robot nearly flattens three of the heroes.

The robot steps onto the steel and the magnet is turned on, planting the robot in place. Corsair and Palisade try to knock him over cause the port is on the bottom of his foot. Palisade has the magnet turned off and the robot is knocked down by her sheer strength and Corsair’s attempts to help.

Spinnerette accidentally shots her web onto her foot and can’t help Dynamo get the port open, the robot is nearly back up thou Corsair and Palisade are trying to keep it on the ground- 50 tons of pressure can’t keep it on the ground!

Dynamo gets the port open and is knocked for a loop. He fires one desperate blast into the foot of the beast and kills the robot- no armor inside, no defenses inside.

Wait around the military and the Feds show to claim the robot and thank us.

The GM tells me that Professor Q had put the robot on Demonstration Mode- it was headed to the center of Chicago to guard the city. He had failed to perform and wanted to prove that the robot could, but he died before the test could be completed and the robot was boxed up and put into storage.

Thanks all for your help :D

BlackSilver

First Post
Fine Win!!!

It was a good win then? Chicago was saved from a robot demostrating what it could do- stand guard over the city. :cool:

A congradulations to your group, it sounds that you had a brutal battle and a climatic end. :cool:

Talon5

First Post
BlackSilver said:
A congradulations to your group, it sounds that you had a brutal battle and a climatic end. :cool:

It was.... okay, I felt no thrill from the end. Not sure why, I am glad we beat it (don't get me wrong), just not sure we deserve the win. Felt more like we were there for the win, maybe because we did nothing to harm it until the very end and the plan wasn't what I would call a winner (I had to change the plan from what I talked about on line), it was just eht best/only plan we had right then.

Duke Fish

First Post
Good that you succeded.. But am starting a campaign soon and i have never palyed M&M before neither have my group.. do you got any advices??? what i should do, what kind oof campaign should i try?? is it smart to use the archtypes(but cahnge after 4 weeks or something) or make new characters??

plz i need help

thx

Last edited:

Talon5

First Post
Me bad person to ask :)

Duke Fish said:
Good that you succeded.. But am starting a campaign soon and i have never palyed M&M before neither have my group.. do you got any advices??? what i should do, what kind oof campaign should i try?? is it smart to use the archtypes(but cahnge after 4 weeks or something) or make new characters??

plz i need help

thx

Umm- this campaign is my first M&M campaign- thou we have played about six times.

I suggest- read the rules, know them, get players to read them and help your self out with the newness of the system.

Talk to your players- "I am starting an M&M campaign- what kind of campaign would you all like to play in, please give me a couple of ideas," should be the number one thing you do if you don't have an idea locked in.

Mr GM wanted to run a "there have never been super heros in this world before," campaign. The world has villians that come to earth every few hundred years and in a balancing act the heros come forth, the last was Arthur and his knights.

We have a patron- sister to the Lady of the Lake, an old woman who guilds us.

Its an idea.

Put out a thread- "starting new M&M campaign, need experienced M&M groups help," ENWorld is pretty cool, most people are willing to make suggestions and such.

Good luck :cool:

Remove ads