• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Giantbrother

Kaodi

Hero
Giantbrother Prestige Class
Requirements:
Race - Dwarf, Human or Orc; +5 BAB, +5 Fort, Great Fortitude, Power Attack, Improved Unarmed Strike, Intimidate 8 ranks
Special: Must have defeated a creature of the giant type in single combat.

Hit Dice: d8
Skills: 2 + Int/level; Climb, Craft, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Spot, Swim

Code:
Level	BAB	Fort	Ref	Will	Special
1	+0	+2	+0	+0	+2 Str
2	+1	+3	+0	+0
3	+2	+3	+1	+1	+2 Con, +1 Natural
4	+3	+4	+1	+1
5	+3	+4	+1	+1	+2 Str
6	+4	+5	+2	+2
7	+5	+5	+2	+2	-2 Dex, Powerful Build
8	+6	+6	+2	+2
9	+6	+6	+3	+3	+2 Str
10	+7	+7	+3	+3	
11	+8	+7	+3	+3	+2 Con, +1 Natural
12	+9	+8	+4	+4
13	+9	+8	+4	+4	+2 Str
14	+10	+9	+4	+4
15	+11	+9	+5	+5	Giant Apotheosis

Giant Apotheosis - Lose the powerful build ability gained at level 7 and gain large size, low light vision and the giant type. Also, you gain a slam attack that does 1d4 damage.

Tyonisius

First Post
I like the idea a lot. The class seems a little weak to me. I'd probably try compacting it into a 10 level progression and maybe increasing the HD or the BAB. The gains are fairly powerful but you can get something similar by applying the half-dragon template to your character and that's for a 4 level adjustment (I think). Instead of the giant-type, size increase, and slam attack you get the dragon-type, natural weapons, and a breath attack. So over all, I think the progression may be a little to slow.

Kaodi

Hero
Condensed into 10 levels I think would be way too powerful.

The tradeoff between a pure fighter and a fighter/giantbrother would then be:

Fighter: +3 BAB, 5 Fighter Feats, 55 + Base Con HP
Giantbrother: +8 Str, -2 Dex, +4 Con, +2 Natural Armour, Large Size, Low-Light Vision, 65 + Base Con HP

Who in their right mind wouldn't make that tradeoff?

Tyonisius

First Post
My point isn't that it's not better than being a straight figher, my point is that you can sub in another race, such as the half-dragon, and only lose 3 levels. Lets make a level 17 fighter with the half-dragon template (for an ECL of 20)... I'll use human as the base race, but you could use many others for even better stat gains.

Str +8, Con +2, Int +2, Cha +2, +4 Natural Armor, Low-light vision, Dark Vision, Immunity to sleep, paralysis, and one element (depending on the dragon-type). 1d4 Natural Claw Attacks, 1d6 Natural Bite, Breath weapon of your choice.

You'd end up with a bab of +17, base Fort of 10, Ref of 5, Will of 5. 9 fighter feats. And thats for 3 levels of trade off. Too me, this shows that the Giantbrother is a bit of a weak tradeoff. You could make the build above even more killer by making the base race Goliath (making the level adjustment 4 instead of 3) and You'd gain even more kick-ass-ness. Anyway, it's just my suggestion that you make it a 10 level progression. If you don't want to do that, I'd give it some other fun stuff. Maybe some throwing feats, Giants like to throw stuff.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads