• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TSR Giantlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eubani

Legend
Rumors abound of a limited edition box set being sent out in coming weeks. I wonder how the backers who paid for it feel about getting an empty box? I also wonder if the change of company name means that under the excuse of being a different company they will do the dirty on the backers?

Libertad

Hero
Why do many consider them to be inappropriate and controversial, in your opinion? Do you consider them to be inappropriate and controversial? Would you go on a show with them?

RPGPundit is on the far-right of the political spectrum and is unremittingly hostile to even other right-wingers who disagree with him. For one such example, he tried to "cancel" Wizards of the Coast when they compared ICE agents torturing immigrants to the kinds of villains adventurers would rescue hapless villagers from. His #dndgate hashtag was an attempt to immerse then in a culture war scandal, but Chris Perkins and others quickly turned it into a discussion on notable gateways and portals in various adventures and campaign settings.

darjr

I crit!
RPGPundit is on the far-right of the political spectrum and is unremittingly hostile to even other right-wingers who disagree with him. For one such example, he tried to "cancel" Wizards of the Coast when they compared ICE agents torturing immigrants to the kinds of villains adventurers would rescue hapless villagers from. His #dndgate hashtag was an attempt to immerse then in a culture war scandal, but Chris Perkins and others quickly turned it into a discussion on notable gateways and portals in various adventures and campaign settings.
Wow! That's a great story. I didn't know RPGImpotent tried that.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Why do many consider them to be inappropriate and controversial, in your opinion? Do you consider them to be inappropriate and controversial? Would you go on a show with them?
They introduced the show as inappropriate and controversial so I just took that line from them. I don't even know most of the people on that show (or maybe I'd know their names if I saw the names but I don't recognize their faces/handles). RPGPundit is really quite annoying and I wouldn't want to work with him, if that's what you're asking. Would I let him ask me a question and then answer his question? I dunno, maybe? I guess depends on the context?

Lots of people go on interview shows with interviewers who they deeply disagree with. I don't think speaking with a person you disagree with should, in itself, paint you with the sins of that person. That's part of how the marketplace of ideas hashes out good ideas from bad ones. It's part of the very book Popper's Paradox comes from (and viewed in a positive way by Popper).

In fact, I see people routinely respond to those they deeply disagree with here. Talking to those you disagree with is pretty important in my opinion. Getting your "good" ideas out to their audience to try and counter their "bad" ideas is useful for a functioning society.

Libertad

Hero
James Ward, from what I saw of his interview, was hardly disagreeing with Pundit. They aligned a lot together on the culture war issues, and during that convo Ward spawned the rather tone-deaf statement that "D&D has plenty of black people: you don't see anyone talking about drow!"

Forgive me for not watching an entire hour, but in regards to inclusivity and the unfortunate implications of biologically-evil humanoid races they struck quite an accord.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
James Ward, from what I saw of his interview, was hardly disagreeing with Pundit. They aligned a lot together on the culture war issues, and during that convo Ward spawned the rather tone-deaf statement that "D&D has plenty of black people: you don't see anyone talking about drow!"

Forgive me for not watching an entire hour, but in regards to inclusivity and the unfortunate implications of biologically-evil humanoid races they struck quite an accord.
So paint Ward with the views HE expresses or says he agrees with. Not the views of the interviewer. The claim was if Ward went on an interview show with someone who has bad views that somehow meant Ward had those bad views merely for going on that show. That's not typically how interview shows work, and I don't think it's a fair standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads