• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Girl Friday Advanced Class for d20 Modern released

Sheridan

First Post
Bridge Mix Entertainment adds a little more pulp to your diet with Pulp Adventure: Girl Friday Advanced Class for d20 Modern!
The Girl Friday Advanced Class is a 10-level advanced class that fits into any modern-era/pulp campaign setting.
Inspired, in part, by the name of the right-hand man to the title character in Daniel Defoe’s novel Robinson Crusoe, the Girl Friday is more than just a sidekick. Typically serving as the lesser-known companion, secretary, or personal assistant to a more adventurous or famous hero, the Girl Friday serves as the pulp-era version of the PDA, making sure all the necessary appointments are kept, arrangements are made, and contacts can be reached. Unlike a PDA, however, she can also be counted on to bail the hero out of a sticky situation with a well placed desk lamp to the base of some mook’s cranium.
Although this advanced class could also be used to create a "Man Friday", pulp-era movies and novels typically portrayed more female characters in this role, so that convention is followed in the book.
In addition to the advanced class, this product includes a new starting occupation, conversion notes for use with the standard SRD and/or vitality and wound point systems, an overview of business technology in the pulp era, and a special Class Ability sheet that you can add to your character sheet to keep track of all your class level-based abilities and bonuses.
9 pages.
Now available at http://www.lulu.com/BridgeMix

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Excellent idea for a Pulp AdC that really hasn't been done yet. And I love the movie His Girl Friday with Rosalind Russell and Cary Grant. :cool:

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
Just out of curiosity, why not partner with Adamant Entertainment, who already has a very solid d20 Modern Pulp catalog, reputation and presence, to publish this?

Sheridan

First Post
HalWhitewyrm said:
Just out of curiosity, why not partner with Adamant Entertainment, who already has a very solid d20 Modern Pulp catalog, reputation and presence, to publish this?

I have worked with Adamant before (I wrote the Cowboy Hero Advanced Class for their pulp line [yet another shameless plug :) ]) but at the point I had a proposal together and was writing it, they told me they weren't accepting any more Advanced Classes for their pulp line at that time. Rather than just abandon the idea, I decided to complete it anyway.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
I'm bumping this thread because I finally picked this up today. Just wanted to say how much I like what you did with this class, Scott. It fits seamlessly with Thrilling Tales material from Adamant too.

Hope to see more stuff like this from you too. :)

Remove ads