• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

githyanki/githzerai items

0bsolete

First Post
In a gestalt campaign, I am playing a psion/wizard who is very interested in the study of the githyanki and githzerai races, wanting to recreate their magic/psionic items and such. What items would you consider to be gith-like? Of course, you have their silver swords, but what other items, items from any book or custom items are welcome.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Depending upon the campaign, I could see those few monk favorable items and/or magic weapons having at least a connection to Githzerai creators.

Jack Simth

First Post
A Psion//Wizard in Gestalt? Doable, but you'll be very, very fragile compared to other gestalt characters and the limitation on actions per round are liable to bite you. Is it okay for me to suggest you put something with a d8 or better hit die and a different good save on one side or the other (maybe a monk, with the Kung-Fu Genius feat from Dragon Compendium)?

0bsolete

First Post
Jack Simth said:
A Psion//Wizard in Gestalt? Doable, but you'll be very, very fragile compared to other gestalt characters and the limitation on actions per round are liable to bite you. Is it okay for me to suggest you put something with a d8 or better hit die and a different good save on one side or the other (maybe a monk, with the Kung-Fu Genius feat from Dragon Compendium)?

I chose this one specifically for the challenge. I could easily make a character that would have few to no problems surviving and min/max him through the roof. Instead I have made a pzion/wizard with a fascination for githyanki/githzerai creations and their culture.

Jack Simth

First Post
Okay. At least you won't have issues with endurance ... and there are a lot of Psion powers that can help with the HP issues, so you'll probably be okay.

darthkilmor

First Post
0bsolete said:
While I thank you for your helpful suggestions, I am really in need of information on githzerai and githyanki gear.

No idea if this is exactly what you're talking about but, here's a magic item I just added to my Ptolus campaign.

-Mask of the Mind Flayer
This hollowed out skull of an unlucky mind flayer is enchanted to render the wearer immune to any mind flayer's Detect Thoughts ability. Only Detect Thoughts cast from a mind flayer is blocked, any other creature or magic user casting the spell can detect the wearer as normal. Due to the gruesome appearance, wearer suffers a -8 to all Handle Animal, Negotiation, and similar cha-based skill checks.
2500 gp.

Price is a total guesstimate on usefulness.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Sure! I'll have to check back for the Githyanki magic items I've given out, but they include highly ornamental, baroque leather straps that function as armor, and armor made out of mindflayer skin that give bonuses to saving throws. I have lots more, but not here at work.

0bsolete

First Post
Piratecat said:
Sure! I'll have to check back for the Githyanki magic items I've given out, but they include highly ornamental, baroque leather straps that function as armor, and armor made out of mindflayer skin that give bonuses to saving throws. I have lots more, but not here at work.

If you could that would be wonderful. The game started this previous Sunday and I'm lacking on such items. I am working on creating some of my own, but the lone human mind rarely surprises itself and I find my mind working in the same circles. Need some outside influence and inspiration :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads