• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Give me some characters. PLEASE! Lvl. 15

MRaye55

First Post
First of all... to anyone willing to help me throw together some characters, thank you so much! It's appreciated more than you can imagine.

Running a campaign for my friend's birthday party tomorrow, and as I'm the only one who has played DnD for any amount of time I'll be making the characters for everyone attending, and I was REALLY hoping that someone in this great wide web, or possible some multiple someones, would have some premade characters, or possibly some willingness to help in the creation of some characters for the campaign. There's 6 actual players and, as I'm sure you can imagine, that's quite a bit of time to be spent making characters. Sooooo ya, going back to asking for help... here's the scenario.

This campaign...
FREE Original Adventure: Matters of Vengeance
I'm not sure what the sourcebook is, but I like the way this campaign looks; it was designed for 4 PCs, but most of them are noobies, and I plan on throwing in some flavor of my own to make the experience more challenging should they prove to handle it all right. So I think that should be enough to help out in the way of what's going on, though long story short...

They're storming a manor, filled with zombies, to kick a chief zombies ass, and save a non-zombie. It's very action-intensive, just like ze afortmentioned birthday boy wants XD

Now for character requests on behalf of the players!!!!
As for the races... I'm not picky. I enjoy an odd mixup of races, since it really lets the players get into the spirit of the game, and go all out with the pseudo-roleplaying we so enjoy. And as for optimizing characters... not necessary. I'd like to keep this simple, with 1-class builds where possible. The more combat is like "I attack... AGAIN!!!" the better. And gear-wise? Idk what's common for a lvl. 15. 80,000g? 70,000g? Again, not picky :p

1) Melee two-weapon fighter. I was thinking warblade for him, possibly White Raven martial study thing? I heard that was TWF focused, and I found a site with cards for all the abilities to give to my friend and make it easier for him to figure out what's going on

2) Druid. NEVER made one of these before, so... help? hehe. This one just wants to turn into animals and :):):):) :):):):) up. End of story

3) Cleric. He wants to be mainly support-based, and since this is a mainly undead-focused campaign I figured whatever we pick for this he'll pwn face.

4) Big sword. This guy just wants that massive, hulking "I'm going to smash you to pieces, and then rip your face off, and eat it" kind of character. I was thinking A.) Barbarian or B.) Fighter, Power-attack build

5) Sorcerer/wizard/warlock? Some kind of easy spellcaster for this one.

6) No bias here, they'll play anything and everything! So have fun :)

Ask for any input on anything, orrrr... stuff? Annnnd.... ya!!!! Thank you to everybody who cares to help. I'm off to continue preparing the campaign!!!! So excited to be running my first campaign ever XD

Last edited:

Dandu

First Post
2. Druid 15, with Natural Spell. Other feats don't matter too much, but Power Attack, Extend Spell, Create Wonderous Item, Quicken Spell, Multiattack, etc should suffice. Everything you need is in core for this one.

3. Radiant Servant of Pelor.

5. Wizard. Proofread that sheet extensively before use. There's sure to be errors lurking in there somewhere...

Last edited:

MRaye55

First Post
Kind sir, you helped me more than you can imagine already; thank you XD proof-reading now, and I'll get cracking on making the other characters you suggested tomorrow; just having something to go for is amazing :) And besides, who needs to do Euro homework? rofl

Andras

Explorer
1 or 6) 2w Rogue, I can give you the build I'm playing now (mostly)
Dwarf
Rogue 1-6, Rogue 3- ACF- Penetrating Strike (half sneak if normally immune)
Fighter 4 (Dwarf Ftr 1 RSL- Axe Focus) Also d12 hd, Knowledge Dungeonering
Rogue 7-11

Feats
1)Improved Init
3)2W fighting
6)Oversized 2W Fighting (weild dual waraxes)
7bf)Axe Focus RSL
8bf) Imp 2W Fighting
9)Staggering Strike
10bf)WSpec-War Axe
12)Melee Weapon Mastery
14)Rogue Special Ability Crippling Strike or extra feat
15)2W Rend

4 or 6)
Goliath Fighter6/Barbarian8
Fighter ACF Dungeon Crasher @ F2&F6
1)Powerattack
f1)Imp BullRush
f2) Dungeoncrasher I
3)Knockback
f4)combat reflexes
6)Shocktrooper
f6) Dungeonchrasher II
7) RSL- Goliath Barbarian 1- Mountain Rage: Become Large when raging; Lion Totem vice Fast Movement for Pounce
9) Extra Rage
12) EWP- Spiked Chain (20' reach when raging)
15) Mad Foam Rager

Use knockback to initiate a bullrush when striking with the spiked chain and power attacking, if the target hits a solid object (wall, tree, wall of force, etc) it takes extra damage, 8d6+3x str plus large spiked chain already deals 2d6 + 1.5str, for 10d6+4.5str
per hit if they are backup to a wall or object, 20' lets you keep opponents well back.

Last edited:

DumbPaladin

First Post
I am obviously a little biased, but what about a paladin for spot #6? One of those helpful and kind ones, not the stuffy annoying type.

You didn't say which books you had available, so in case you do not have Complete Divine, Complete Champion, or Spell Compendium, I tried to give a brief description of the feats from those books.

Also, character level wealth for Level 15 is 200,000 gp. I only used 121,000 or so. Feel free to reduce this by lowering the weapon's power (removing bane or +1 enhancement will shave off 18,000 gp alone); I'm sure you can figure out how to spend the rest if you want to. :)

Human Paladin 15

[FONT=&quot]H) Power Attack (PHB)
1) Sun Devotion (Complete Champion)
3) Protection Devotion (CC)
6) Spontaneous Healer (Complete Divine)
9) Extra Turning (PHB)
12) Improved Critical (Longsword) (PHB)
15) Quickened Turning -- turn undead as a free action, not a standard action.

[/FONT] Equipment:
+3 death ward adamantine full plate
(AC 11, DR 3/--, 1x/day ignore any death effect or negative energy effect)
+2 holy bane (vs. undead) longsword
1d8 + 2 + 4d6 vs. undead, +4 to all attack rolls, these #s do not include strength bonuses or BAB
phylactery of undead turning +4 to your turning level
sacred scabbard
(weapon in it gets bless weapon upon it for 10 rounds, 3x/day)
Cloak of Charisma +4
Vest of Resistance +2 (+2 to all saves)
Belt of Growth 1x/day, enlarge person on self for up to 10 minutes.

Recommended Spells:
1st: Bless Weapon, Vision of Glory, Divine Favor (bonus spell for high Wis)
Vision of Glory (Spell Compendium): For 1 minute, subject (creature touched) gains your Charisma modifier as morale bonus to its next save.
2nd: Aura of Glory, Shield Other (if bonus spell for high Wis)
Aura of Glory (SpC): Remove fear effects to all within your aura of courage.
3rd: Seek Eternal Rest (see above), Daylight (if bonus spell)
4th: Favor of the Martyr, Death Ward (if bonus spell)
Favor of the Martyr (SpC): Touched creature gains immunity to nonlethal damage, charms and compulsions, pain effects, can't be dazed, exhausted, fatigued, nauseated, sickened, stunned, or staggered. Target doesn't go unconscious at -1 HP; essentially gains Diehard and Endurance feats, but no damage for taking actions. All such effects are suspended upon casting of this spell (also, creature unconscious due to negative HP wakes up). Lasts 1 minute/level.

Skills:
Knowledge: Religion 5 ranks recommended

SPECIFICS/TACTICS:
-- Draw your holy longsword from the sacred scabbard and choose to activate the scabbard's ability; the sword is good-aligned and now auto-confirms critical hits vs. evil creatures, with your threat range being 17-20 due to Improved Critical.

-- You may convert spells per day equal to your Wisdom modifier into cure spells (4th = cure serious, 3rd = cure moderate, 1st = cure light), in case you or anyone in your party needs some extra help.
-- Cast seek eternal rest on yourself before making turn attempts (which you now do as a free action, so you can still full attack those zombies). This level 3 paladin spell from Spell Compendium makes your turning level equal your paladin level for 1 hour/caster level, so you're now just as good as that party cleric -- plus you've got +4 levels due to the phylactery of undead turning for a grand effect of turning as a level 19 cleric (BEFORE the turn check result). Don't forget 5 ranks of Knowledge : Religion = +2 to the turn check, which is essentially a Charisma check. This paladin can benefit from a high Wisdom score, but really only needs a 14.
[If turning sounds fun to Player #6, perhaps consider swapping in Disciple of the Sun for Spontaneous Healer, so they can expend 2 turn attempts to destroy all high-hit die undead they come across.]

-- Activate your Protection Devotion when the bad guys attack to give yourself and everyone within 30 feet of you a +5 sacred bonus to armor class, which lasts for 10 rounds. Almost everyone will benefit from this; there are few ways to gain sacred AC bonuses. Activate your Sun Devotion as a swift action on your turn before attacking to add +15 sacred damage to each attack for 10 rounds. Remember that you can use your (7 + CHA modifier) turn attempts per day to activate either of these Devotions again, or to turn undead. (You get one free use of each Devotion; after that, Sun costs 1 turn attempt and Protection costs 3.)

Kodam

First Post
Hi!

Sry, no complete Charakters, but what comes to my mind vs undead:

Warrior-Types need at least one type "s" and one type "b" weapon; vs Zombies and Skelettons respectively.
Bane (undead), holy, and ghost touch are great enchantments for these.

Best classes are Cleric and Paladin with their special anti-undead-powers/spells. Be sure to take the Sun and possibly the Good Domain. Feats that improve Cure-spells could help as well.

Mages are best off with force spells e.g. magic missile vs incorporeal undead (no miss chance) Force Protections (shield, mage armor.
Take Disintegrate - Undead tent to have weak Fort-Saves.

Be ready to counter Dominations, Diseases, Fear and Paralysation; Protection from Evil, Dispel Magic, Panacea, Break Enchantment, Remove Fear, Remove Disease, Remove Paralysation, Death Ward and Heal are good to have memorized.

Especially Searing Light, Sunbeam and Sunburst are made to kill Undead. But there are a lot more, of course.

Avoid Enchantments - most are immune againste these.

Just some thoughts...

Kodam

Last edited:

Remove ads