• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Give me your strongest characters

Retreater

Legend
My strongest in personality is Harles the Dim-Witted, gully dwarf thief (rogue, depending on the edition). Survived a highly lethal 2e Ravenloft campaign.

Musing Mage

Pondering D&D stuff
Dov, 12th Level Human Druid (2nd Edition).

Balin, a 36th level BECMI Fighter (Paladin) who was last seen questing for Immortality around 30 years ago.
Edit: ooops - forgot about my teenage years playing BECMI - had a 21st level fighter once. Been so long...

Last edited:

jgsugden

Legend
Strongest (Strength score) was a Cleric of Modi that sought every way to raise his strength possible. I think it ended up as 34 in 2nd edition.

Strongest (most powerful) was an AD&D Dual Classed Fighter -> Wizard. 36th level wizard on top of an 11th level fighter. That game had home rules for what we'd now call "epic" levels. I was young, and it was the 80s, so I created a spell called Ar-mage-edon that essentially launched Meteor Swarms over a coule square miles of area (with extra fireballs, lightning bolts, and thundershackles). The PC is still alive as an NPC in the setting, but I have not been a player in that setting since 1993.

Edit: ooops - forgot about my teenage years playing BECMI - had a 21st level fighter once. Been so long...

My DM was kind and let me have a stronghold and be a Paladin.

After that I havent had much of a chance to play being the main DM for decades.

Probably my 13th level Warlock in Rolemaster is my next greatest hit. There was a Shadow Adept/ Halruaan Adept/ Wizard and a Incantatrix/ Wizard Lich that I played to around the same level as well.

Also a Fighter/ Cleric of Bane.

I play a lot of evil PCs of late.

Smelling.
I have a dragonborn paladin in a game that's been going for a while now. He's got an 8 dex and wears (semi-spiky) platemail, with no stealth proficiency. If passive stealth were a thing, he'd have a 4. He also has the Far Traveler background from SCAG, which grants the background feature "all eyes on me." (People notice you and are curious about you.) So beyond being shiny and noisy, he's different-looking enough that people pay extra attention.

Later on, he got an artifact shield. One of the random negative properties rolled was "you emit a foul stench." We tweaked that to "you emit a strong, distinct, but not necessarily unpleasant odor" (since it was a king's shield).

So - like a box of lemons all got peeled at once, and the densest, most stuffy-nosed person you've ever met would still smell him as soon as he walked in the room.

(Do not lick the dragonborn paladin king. The flavor explosion might kill you.)

Remove ads