• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Give me your trinket ideas

Players seem to love trinkets so I would like any ideas you have for new ones and unusual ones!

I´ve found the 100 elemental ones from Wizards but any other links to previous trinkets threads on EN World appreciated.

I´ll use them in a trinkets generator, which will also be part of a larger treasure generator in time!

Duncan

AmerginLiath

Adventurer
A sealed glass bottle contained a miniature ship with a tiny replica spelljamming helm. Each full moon, the contents of the bottle around the ship shift, appearing to match the ‘atmosphere’ of a different plane. The bottle radiates no magic when examined and never changes when anyone is watching.

jgsugden

Legend
A bear.

A whistle that makes no sound when blown, but whistles 5 minute later.

A satin glove that seems to always be wet.

A key made of a nigh indestructable translucent metal.

A monocle that appears entirely translucent, but when worn blocks all sight.

A rod that constantly vibrates.

A mechanical rat that self winds and performs three or four random tricks at ranom times.

A gold piece embossed with Ioun's Image. It weighs 8 bs.

A rock that spins uncontrollably when droppedinto water.

A small bone with 10,000 jokes written on it in microscopic writing.

A non-magical wand that always smells like winter.

A small tome that describes strange plants that nobody you've met has ever seen.

A small gem that is always near freezing in temperature.

A sealed bottle with a rolled up paper in it. The pper moves by itself.

A drawing that looks remarkably like an older version of you... with a mortal wound.

A bronze spoon that rings for an unnaturally long time if struck against something hard.

A mirror in which everyone's image is time delayed by a half second.

A glass bowl haunted by a spectral fish.

An invisible robe. It doesn't makes anything else invisible.

A fishing trophy that always smells like olives.

A small pillow that doesn't get wet when submerged in water.

A door knob that creates the outline of a door when it is pressed against a wall, but the door won't open.

A toy hand crossbow that squirts liquid.

A lump of dried clay that stains everything it touches,

Remove ads