GLEE #69: Makeover

GrayLinnorm

Explorer
In tonight's episode, Kurt gets a new job while Brittany faces a challenge to her presidency (how can she still be senior president when she didn't graduate and has a GPA of 0.0?).

The playlist:

Sarah Jessica Parker, Kurt, and Rachel do a mashup of "The Way You Look Tonight", originally performed by Fred Astaire, and "You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile", originally performed in Annie

Rachel and Brody sing "A Change Would Do You Good", originally performed by Sheryl Crow

Blaine sings "Everybody Wants to Rule the World", originally performed by Tears For Fears

And the least promising performance: Brittany and Sam sing "Celebrity Skin", originally performed by Hole. They should have let Tina do this one...

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
(how can she still be senior president when she didn't graduate and has a GPA of 0.0?).

They mentioned that in Britney 2.0 - the rule is that the senior class president holds office until they graduate. Since, she hasn't yet graduated, she still holds office.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Started watching the episode, and stopped partway through the first song.

The depiction of the "sidekicks" and gaming groups during that song was, I think, rather inappropriate for a show that's trying to tell people it is okay to be different. "It is okay to be different, but don't be one of these gamer nerds or comics fans! They're horrible!"

Maybe I'll get around to watching the rest of the episode some other time.

Crothian

First Post
The variety of songs was better this week and I'm always pleased to see Tears for Fears covers.

I'm not sure the show is about saying it is okay to be different. That might be it on the surface but the show is very shallow. It is good to see the underage drinking is still something the show supports.:erm:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I'm not sure the show is about saying it is okay to be different.

Well, so far it is okay to be gay, disabled, unpopular, overweight, a minority, gothy, not be a great student, transgendered... Seems like a theme to me. Just a poorly executed one.

Remove ads