GLEE #68: Britney 2.0

GrayLinnorm

Explorer
Yes, they're doing another Britney Spears episode. Madonna didn't get a second episode; this wouldn't be because Britney is on The X-Factor, is it? I hope this doesn't mean we'll be getting an episode of Mariah Carey songs, or worse, an episode where Mariah sings all the songs.

The playlist:

Unless otherwise noted, all songs originally performed by Britney Spears.

Hold It Against Me -- Brittany

Artie and Blaine do a mashup of "Boys" and "Boyfriend", originally performed by Justin Bieber

Womanizer -- Tina, Unique, and Marley

Marley and Jake do a mashup of "Crazy", originally performed by Aerosmith, and "You Drive Me Crazy"

3 -- Tina, Sam, and Samuel

Oops!...I Did It Again -- Rachel

Gimme More -- Brittany with New Directions

Everytime -- Marley

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
They're staying heavy with the soap opera, which is not the most compelling. I hope they branch back out again...

Mercutio01

First Post
On top of that, I wasn't really a fan of the arrangements they used for the songs. The choreography for Rachel's dance was decent, but nothing else really felt on par with the production values from past seasons.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I didn't mind the arrangements, I just have no particular love for most of the pieces in the first place. But, I expect I'm not in what they consider to be their core audience, so the music mismatch isn't too surprising.

Mercutio01

First Post
Good points. I'm not a Britney fan, but my wife is. I think she enjoyed it more than I did (not that it took much), but she's still meh on the season so far.

Fast Learner

First Post
I was surprised at how much I didn't care for the episode. Just boring routines, boring songs, boring storylines, boring writing.

Wondering if I'm done with Glee. I'll give it another couple of episodes, but wow, disappointing so far.

Remove ads