• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gleemax = Enworld

crazy_cat

Adventurer
Hussar said:
Y'know you've been spending too much time online when Thunderbird means internet browser before car. :)
Cam Banks said:
I always think of our boys at International Rescue, myself.

F.A.B.,
Cam
Personally, Thunderbird always reminds me of the incredibly cheap (and ridculously foul tasting, but high % ABV) fortified wine we used to buy when underage drinking in the mid/late 80's. Does that make me a bad person?

*winces as conversation stops and everybody goes quiet and stares*

Sorry, I'll get my coat.... :eek:

Winterthorn

Monster Manager
Eh...

I did not read all of the above posts, but I just wanted to give my initial reaction after visiting the gleemax site:

No, sorry, but it doesn't work for me. Maybe just a matter of taste on my part. The name is... odd. The brain-in-a-jar thing is not what I'd have gone for either.

I'll check it out again in a month or so to see if the new site develops "roots". Somehow I do not see a business venture trying to model a grassroots fan site will work as they want. Exploiting a fan base for marketing? Gee, how original is that?

I remain the skeptical consumer...

PS: yeah, when I see/hear Thunderbird, I too think of Anderson's ol' bobbing-head show... F.A.B. ;) :D

Last edited:

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Mike_Lescault said:
We also just updated gleemax.com with more information based on the feedback we received from folks in various places, including this thread. So thanks again.

Uh oh. Will the brain be mocking us back? I do not think I could take it if the brain was mocking us back. Please do not let the brain mock us back.

davidschwartznz

First Post
crazy_cat said:
Personally, Thunderbird always reminds me of the incredibly cheap (and ridculously foul tasting, but high % ABV) fortified wine we used to buy when underage drinking in the mid/late 80's. Does that make me a bad person?
The important thing is that no one associates it with a mythological creature anymore. Take that, Native American culture! ;)

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Could we change the title to something less provocative?

Perhaps something relatively inoffensive like "Gleemax HATES Enworld"?

Thanks, -- N

PatEllis15

First Post
Mike Just wanted to let you know that I finally joined BGG today... I'm puzzled as well as to why they are being so defensive... You can think that Gleemax is silly/will fail, and not take it as a personal affront.

If Gleemax does for general gaming what the OGL did, then all the better. That might be asking for a bit much, but I'll definatley keep my eyes on it!

Pat E

Khairn

First Post
PatEllis15 said:
Mike Just wanted to let you know that I finally joined BGG today... I'm puzzled as well as to why they are being so defensive... You can think that Gleemax is silly/will fail, and not take it as a personal affront.

If Gleemax does for general gaming what the OGL did, then all the better. That might be asking for a bit much, but I'll definatley keep my eyes on it!

Pat E

I guess that if your site is trying to be a home for a niche group of gamers (niche of a niche) and you see WotC announcing that they are now trying to gather all gamers under 1 (Gleemax) banner, then I can easily understand why they are defensive.

Do you expect Warhammer (Games Workshop) or Warmachine (Privateer Press) to embrace and encourage their mini's players to use "Gleemax" because WotC is designing it to be the "Gamers Home" ? Hell no.

Gleemax, and the rest of the DI is a new front in the war for your gaming $. What will be interesting is if once the price structure and content for the DI is announced to see if there is any competition.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Hussar said:
I'm still wondering what a Mozilla

NCSA Mosaic Web browser => Became netscape => Code released by AOL => Mutated by Open Source radiation => Mozilla (Like Godzilla) 100 foot monster attacking Redmond.

Hussar said:
is or how Apple relates to computers.

Computers => Innovation/Science => Issac Newton => "Newton's Apple"

Remove ads