• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gleemax is 10% useful=90% useless

VBMEW-01

First Post
I was kind of scouting the 4E boards at DDI, and saw that someone was looking for an eigth pregen. Wel I was going to do the good, christian, thing and toss them a link to the Warlord and Rogues that have been posted here. But of course....10% useful.

35% of the time the servers are down, or I just can't pull up the site.
25% of the time some "mysterious" error prevents my logging in.
30% of the threads on any forum are worthless gripe-sessions (like this one) or just plain uninteresting to an individual.

That comes up to 90% uselessness by my accounting, which doesn't include every variable, I'm sure.

Sure am glad there's ENWorld; I haven't been here long but I feel kind of at home already.

keterys

First Post
I am continually floored that so much of an already working infrastructure was moved onto the new gleemax servers so early.

And I use gleemax every day, though more the blog side of things than the forums.

I _will_ admit that I don't suffer nearly as many problems as others appear to. I don't know if that's because I use firefox, or what.

For instance, I opened up 39 tabs of posts at once and only had a problem with one of them, which puts the error rate much, much lower than yours.

VBMEW-01

First Post
Well good, at least it isn't everyone. I'd kind of prefer if it were asimple system problem on my end. Because I know how tied into Gleemax things are, and the community is supposed to be a big part of 4E.

Alnag

First Post
Gleemax is a mess. It has no conception, I can't find anything and it runs with strange sort of occassional errors of redirection in my favourite browser (read: Opera).

The boards itself are quite OK, they are boards after all, so the only problem is the fact that there is too much to digest and the topics you are interested in is hard to find in it.

The other features? Blogs? WTF? I have give up to search for designer's blogs I wanted to read. If there is some kind of "adding a chanel" it is not intuitive enough.

The fact is, I've give up the whole thing because it only remembers password for 14 days and the autocomplete in browser doesn't work for some strange reason, and I always forgot the damn password because I don't use any of my usual for such public place. So I have to generate new etc. etc. Not worth the effort...

ki11erDM

Explorer
VBMEW-01 said:
That comes up to 90% uselessness by my accounting, which doesn't include every variable, I'm sure.

Sure am glad there's ENWorld; I haven't been here long but I feel kind of at home already.

Yep 90% useless is about right for an Alpha program. As long as they get it down to about 40% useless by lunch it should be good.

Nytmare

David Jose
I've only managed to log on twice in the past 4 or 5 months, and I can never follow a link directly to an article on their site or it freezes up IE.

Also, I have this rash I think I got from the CharOp board.

Remove ads