• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gliding

Darthbelch

First Post
It's been a while since I've posted. Fortunately, I have a simple question...(not so simple I can solve it myself. xD)

Gliding, I want to create a beastie that has small flaps of skin that allow it to glide short distances. There any particular rule that applies to this? or something in the monster manual I could reference?

Zzyzx

First Post
Try something based on the raptoran from Races of the Wild

Try this:

Gliding (Ex): A raptoran can use her wings to glide, negating damage from a fall of any height and allowing 20 feet of forward travel for every 5 feet of descent. Raptorans glide at a speed of 40 feet (average maneuverability). Even if a raptoran's maneuverability improves, she can't hover while gliding. A raptoran can't glide while carrying a medium or heavy load. If a raptoran becomes unconscious or helpless while in midair, her wings naturally unfurl and powerful ligaments stiffen the wings. The raptoran descends in a tight corkscrew and takes only 1d6 points of falling damage, no matter what the actual distance of the fall.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20050106b&page=1

Remove ads