• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Glove of Storing, does removing the glove restored stored objects?

sullivan

First Post
Like the title askes, if you have an item in stasis and then remove the glove does the stored item reappear normal sized?

SRD said:
If an{SIC?} effect is suppressed or dispelled, the stored item appears instantly.

But it doesn't say that whether removing the glove suppresses the effect.

Note that I think "an" should read "the". Although it could sorta be a reference to the preceding sentence that just doesn't make sense. *shrug*

MerakSpielman

First Post
I would presume not. The magic of the glove is not suspended when it's removed. Besides, it's cool to find Gloves of Storing with items in them already.

sullivan

First Post
MerakSpielman said:
I would presume not. The magic of the glove is not suspended when it's removed. Besides, it's cool to find Gloves of Storing with items in them already.

You mean items like Imps, Quasits, or Stirges? :]

sullivan

First Post
MerakSpielman said:
::scribbling down notes::

Go on...

No real need to go on. That should be enough to refresh your RBDM status for at least a couple months. The Stirge especially if it gets the Surprise you don't get the normal AoO to try protect yourself and it doesn't need to move before attacking. So it gets to attack on the Surprise, and with a good Init roll could get in the first drain before the PC even gets to act.

But, since you asked.... :cool:

Posionous snakes are also always fun. You find the Glove on a skeleton? Hey, there must have been some reason for that guy to die. The second hit of Con poison got him after he grappled and shrunk the snake that bit him. But none of that whimpy DC 10 saves. ;)

Or perhaps in his deaththrawl he somehow mananged grab and and shrink a handful of Gray Ooze without harming the glove before expiring? So the PC snaps his fingers and immediately has to make a Reflex to keep his new found magic pretty from dissolving. A bit of poetic licence on the rules there. But if they failed the save that would get you RBDM status for a solid 6 months+.

I'm sure others here could come up with some even better ones. I don't have access to MMII or MMIII.

Warning: I take no responsibily for what happens if your group has a rotating DM schedule, or any colateral damage to your car's paint finish. :uhoh:

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
sullivan said:
Or perhaps in his deaththrawl he somehow mananged grab and and shrink a handful of Gray Ooze without harming the glove before expiring?

You can make that work within the rules.

"Spell durations are not suppressed, but continue to expire."

Use Polymorph any Object to change the ooze into a small object. Store the object. When the PaO expires, the object will revert to an ooze... but it will still be stored.

Depending on whether one considers a stirge to be an 'item' or not, it might not be possible to store one. If they'd used the term 'object', it would certainly exclude creatures, but 'item' isn't a clearly-defined mechanical term.

-Hyp.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads