• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GM's anyone ever have a Female?

rgard

Adventurer
My first DM at Michigan (Go Blue! and why haven't we hired JH yet?) in 1979 was female.

Nora had a fantastic, well detailed world and was incredibly well organized as a DM. We played a mix of OD&D and 1E. She was a senior that year and moved on.

For me that campaign had the magic that we all come to miss at some point.

Thanks,
Rich

Stormonu

Legend
First female DM I ran across was the one I taught D&D to back in 7th grade (1983). Since then I've had games DMed by my wife, her sister, two of my wife's friends and at least three female DMs at cons (and probably several more I am forgetting).

Since about 1990 (two years prior to meeting my wife), I've always had a female in my group, sometimes an all female troupe (such was the case for my first Vampire game I ran).

the Jester

Legend
I can think of at least three female gms (two from cons) that I've played under without even thinking twice or about White Wolf games.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Lots of them. Several from ENWorld are some of the best GMs I know.

My wife ran her first game (Dread, which if you ask me is a hell of a lot harder to run than D&D) in September and I'm hoping she'll do so again soon. And then there is my daughter of course, now age 9, who has been running more and more games at the various Game Days. There is a small but growing pool of people for whom my daughter has GMed but I have not.

Katana_Geldar

First Post
I'm a female GM, I run 4E, Star Wars Saga and Paranoia. There are also female GMs in my group, another 4E GM who also runs firefly (when we play it, which is ptracially never) and a third who I taught how to roleplay that runs our hunters games.

possum

First Post
The best GM I've ever played with is a woman. We just finished a Dawn of Defiance game on yesterday and I'm thinking of joining one of her other online pbp games.

To tell the truth, I've never seen a real shortage of women while playing. Not counting the DM, half of my D&D Encounters group are female. The Pathfinder game at the next table in the game store has one or two women in it, too, IIRC.

Doctor DM

First Post
I've been in plenty of games with female players, but have only been in one with a female GM. She was really bad, the whole thing was way too "video gamey". I'm not saying all female GMs are bad, this one just happened to be.

Festivus

First Post
I have played at a table with a female DM a few times... I really wish more would give it a try. I suspect perspectives on story that perhaps males might miss could come to the surface.

Dark Mistress

First Post
I am a female GM!
Also have mostly played in groups with more ladies than men. It's certainly changed as I've gotten older though. I think the game table is a much friendlier place for ladies to go than it used to be. My first game back in 94 was horrible. I ran straight back to my console games where I could not be insulted or made fun of.

Thats why I stopped doing con's and pickup games. Luckily my first home game was with a good group and it was never a issue.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads