• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gnome more monkey business (get it?)

pikachunks

First Post
I'd say it depends on your playing style. I play a gnome bard named Fandooble in my game. The guys I play with usually like the 'kick in the door' style of play, with very little role playing and a huge focus on fighting and treasure. So when I showed up at the table as a gnome bard, my character was the butt of jokes for several sessions. Now everybody loves him. Not only because he's a bad-a$$ with a crossbow, but because he's funny as hell. He's had so many illusionary monsters jump out of treasure chests, no one will believe it if it really happens.
Also, his habit of introducing himself with an embarassing and usually offensive name (Yackus Pisswhsitle, Phil McKracken, Splott Thunderdump) seems to get worse when he's meeting somebody particularly pretentious.
My point is, stats don't always matter. The point of the game is to have fun. Maybe they don't fit into the 'Tolkein tradition', but we aren't playing 'Middle Earth & Dragons', are we?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads